Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Whomever owned it probably rode it to work every day--not unusual around this area.
Hard to imagine racking up that kind of miles on an ATV unless you ride it daily.

According to the employee who posted this picture on Facebook, all it needed was a CV boot and a service before it goes up for sale. Still runs perfect.

· Registered
8,309 Posts
it all comes down to where you live and how you use it
I know a few guys that ride 5-6,000 miles a yr, but trade in every 2-3 yrs,
IF they held onto one longer, they would have a boat load of miles on a single atv over a 5-6 yr period
BUT they trade in due to , peace of mind of less break downs?

Most folks I gather just don;t have the places to GO, to rack that many miles up , I know here trying to log on a 100 miles in a day is almost impossible to do legally!
and that legally part is a BIG reason more folks don't put more miles on, , don't want fines and tickets?

· Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Longest ride in one day that I can account for was 230kms, or 142 miles. When I lived in NewBrunswick, it was easy to put on the miles if you wanted. Here in Alberta, you have to travel so far to get to good trails.....

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Longest ride in one day that I can account for was 230kms, or 142 miles. When I lived in NewBrunswick, it was easy to put on the miles if you wanted. Here in Alberta, you have to travel so far to get to good trails.....
We have the Tug Hill here in northern NY with roughly 450 miles of trails. Easy to rack up a lot of miles in a weekend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,309 Posts
I could pretty well ride everyday, just that I have bills to pay so I have to work, and I don't like riding alone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAHA< well I think most of us have bills and, well riding alone isn't that much fun, have to agree with you there
but its how I do most of my riding, very few folks here have permission to go where I do, so it limits having anyone tag along!

more reasons I guess so many don't log on tons of miles on our atv's

· Registered
708 Posts
Impressive! I just hit 2400 on my '16 Rancher yesterday.
How many hours on that Rincon?

· Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Around here most are trashed from being sunk or abused by farm hands by the time they hit 4-5K miles.

My father in law has an 06 Rubicon with 13K on it. Prior owner had lots of cattle, and used it everyday riding all the pasture ground checking on them.

· Premium Member
1,039 Posts
We look at odometers, but just think of the old trikes, & 300s with NO odometer or hour meters.. Some of those old babies could have an amazing amount of miles..

· Registered
708 Posts
We look at odometers, but just think of the old trikes, & 300s with NO odometer or hour meters.. Some of those old babies could have an amazing amount of miles..
To your point. I had an '83 ATC 110 that I rode hard for about 6 years. Bought it in '08. Nothing ever broke. I never even cleaned/lubed the chain! No odometer. I've had my Rancher for 17 months and I've put 2446 miles on it. Makes me wonder about that 110. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.