Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. I'd appreciate some point of direction. Please and thank you! 2003 Honda Rincon, replaced cam chain and oil chain due to slop, and tensioner, (12,300 miles). Before I replaced the chains, while diagnosing, the engine stalled on the loose chain binding while idling. I tried to start it and the starter just spun... I bought a new starter, and it's doing the same thing. Just spinning. What's the next part to diagnose/replace? And how much work involved? Trying to look at the back of the engine looks like a nightmare after having the front of the engine off, and put back together. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
That’s the 650?
Probably the one-way clutch went out.
Click parts links in my signature block below

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. I'd appreciate some point of direction. Please and thank you! 2003 Honda Rincon, replaced cam chain and oil chain due to slop, and tensioner, (12,300 miles). Before I replaced the chains, while diagnosing, the engine stalled on the loose chain binding while idling. I tried to start it and the starter just spun... I bought a new starter, and it's doing the same thing. Just spinning. What's the next part to diagnose/replace? And how much work involved? Trying to look at the back of the engine looks like a nightmare after having the front of the engine off, and put back together. Any help would be appreciated!
what about the spark plug

·
Registered
10 Posts
try the spark plug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts