Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda Rincon 680cc. I've had it into the shop several times because it sticks between 2nd & 3rd gear sporadically when in Automatic. ATV has been well kept and in minimal water/mud. It was underwater to bottom of fuel tank once but kept running.....was out in less than 5 min's. Dealership did replace a valve/sensor near fuel injection but to no avail.

Thanks, Kelly

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Have they done an oil pressure test?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if they ran an oil pressure check or not. It runs like a raped aped and shifts fine in manual with no problems. Only in Automatic and sporadically (more often when cold). Have changed the oil and plug several times in the last 6 months. Thks, Kelly

·
Registered
6 Posts
there is a shift valve for 1-2 and 2-3 that switches the hydraulic circuits. and a orifice control valve for 2-3 that reduces pressure for shift shock you should have them check those if you take it to the dealer (i think its the orifice control valve because if it gets stuck open then the hyd pressure never goes to the "gear"). i have the 06-09 factory manual and thats what it looks like to me. send me a message if you have any more info or questions

·
Registered
17 Posts
phantom, you are most likley correct on that. check opperation of linear sol. valve and orings. any dtc's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts