Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Transmission slip

I own a 2004 Rincon and just changed the motor oil using Mobil 1 0W-30 as suggested by the dealer. I happened to use the "Advanced Fuel Economy" edition. Is this why I am experiencing transmission slip when it is cold? The problem just started since I began using this oil.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
I own a 2004 Rincon and just changed the motor oil using Mobil 1 0W-30 as suggested by the dealer. I happened to use the "Advanced Fuel Economy" edition. Is this why I am experiencing transmission slip when it is cold? The problem just started since I began using this oil.
Chances are YES, thats why it is slipping. Be sure to use JASO MA spec. oil in your rincon. I suggest 5w40 rotella oil. synthetic, and flows well in the cold temperatures.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ive got a 2004 650 rincon that runs great on flat ground but it gets on an incline of any kind it quiets pulling. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
rincon slip

I was having the same problem for years, until by accident my 14 year old son accidently put a quart of automatic transmission fluid in the oil fill and now it works perfect. he thought the dipstick tube was engine oil and the oil fill was transmission fill.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts