Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've got a Fourtrax 300 4x4 and decided to change the brakes, only to find the wheel cylinders were completely seized. I decided to do a disc brake conversion kit (SuperATV). Everything went on fine and I bled the brakes and to my surprise, the wheels didn't fit on. I saw on the instructions that the rims have to be 12" or larger and I measured and they were 12". They are hitting the brake caliper. Does anyone know of a way to make it clear the caliper without buying new rims and wheels? I even looked on craigslist for wheels and there were none. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might be similar, but I have recently bought and installed a conversion for my ‘06 350FE Rancher. It came with a little notice slip explaining that the tops of the calibers might have to be “shaved” down in order to gain clearance for some 12” rims.
Yep. thats what I had to do. Even with the spacers, i sanded down the part of the caliper that sticks out and rubs on the rim, and now it works fine. I've bled the brakes twice, but they arent giving good performance. Not sure why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts