Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Went riding today with my friend on his land. We both have stock 2016 bikes. Trail riding,Tough Terrain,Mud. I only got stuck 1 time in diff lock. Polaris got stuck 4 times each time I had to pull him out. No doubt the Polaris is faster. My foreman tops out at 55. His Polaris hit 70 today. But off the line I smoke him 1 Body length ahead all the way to 3rd gear then he catches up and eventually passes me. I'm ok with the high speed difference. I love that I have more torque and power at launch. Well today we went into a narrow creek by the time your back wheels are in bottom of creek your front tires are on top of bank I crawled right out he couldn't make it I did it 3 more times he said "I don't understand how you can make it and I can't" I said "should have bought a Honda and drove off" hahah Had a blast today love my foreman. I guess I like getting it dirty were I can clean it really good. Later Fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
That's great! Haha! Love those epic win moments. And, I love my 2016 Honda Rancher. 1840 miles on it now and no complaints. Went on an awesome 57-mile ride yesterday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great! Haha! Love those epic win moments. And, I love my 2016 Honda Rancher. 1840 miles on it now and no complaints. Went on an awesome 57-mile ride yesterday.

Yea man it was awesome. Hey I just realized your the "guy" I watch on YouTube keep up the good videos really enjoy them!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cool! And thanks, I will. Have you posted any videos of your new Foreman to youtube? If so I'd love to see them. Channel name?

·
Registered
712 Posts
What model of Foreman do you own? Power steering? Foot shift or es?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Ask him how much he likes his Polaris 2 years from now lol

If I could have a Rubicon with around 100hp I'd be a happy camper.
I think you and about 75% of all honda loyal fans , would have a smile on there faces you couldn;t knock off with a shovel, if Honda had a 100 HP in an ATV
LOL

I'd be real happy with a about 50 hp in one with a top speed of about 40 mph and geared to tow like a tractor
I'm in the other 25% I guess LOL

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Well I love the Renegade because it's geared low and has 90+ hp (probably more like 100 with mods). Big smile driving it but the smile goes away in a hurry when she breaks. I don't care too much about speed, as long as it tops out at 60 or so I'm happy, I usually cruise around 30mph on the bigger trails.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
YEAH MAc, I agree with you, HP is all smiles till something breaks
and its never about NEEDING all that HP< but its sure fun when you want to get ON it and its there,
its just instant smiles, from lots of GO GO at the thumb, or foot! LOL
may never be needed, but nothing beats knowing it there at times!

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Yeah there is just something about cracking the throttle at 25mph and standing the machine straight up that I find immensely entertaining lol Rubicon has served me well for the last few rides as I accumulate the parts to repair the Rene, as well as upgrade it of course hehe.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ask him how much he likes his Polaris 2 years from now lol

If I could have a Rubicon with around 100hp I'd be a happy camper.
I think you and about 75% of all honda loyal fans , would have a smile on there faces you couldn;t knock off with a shovel, if Honda had a 100 HP in an ATV
LOL

I'd be real happy with a about 50 hp in one with a top speed of about 40 mph and geared to tow like a tractor
I'm in the other 25% I guess LOL
Agreed. Especially the shovel part. ;)

·
Registered
712 Posts

2016 Foreman Footshift Power Steering. Absolutely love power steering!!

That is the EXACT model of Foreman I want. I would love to add a Foreman to my stable of machines, but the exact one I want is 2016 foot shift with power steering. I'm so disappointed they discontinued that model for 2017. Now I'm itching to save up enough to get my hands on a still-new 2016 before they're all gone. I LOVE my Rancher, and I figure it could only get better with 25" tires, more suspension travel, more cc's, auxiliary power outlet to charge the phone, front diff lock, and the little storage cubby on the left fender.

And I agree 100 percent on the power steering. Never going back.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

That is the EXACT model of Foreman I want. I would love to add a Foreman to my stable of machines, but the exact one I want is 2016 foot shift with power steering. I'm so disappointed they discontinued that model for 2017. Now I'm itching to save up enough to get my hands on a still-new 2016 before they're all gone. I LOVE my Rancher, and I figure it could only get better with 25" tires, more suspension travel, more cc's, auxiliary power outlet to charge the phone, front diff lock, and the little storage cubby on the left fender.

Get one from Canada they sell them every day 2017 models...

·
Registered
712 Posts

Get one from Canada they sell them every day 2017 models...

Thanks for the info! I did not know that. I'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts

power steering ?..meh, never had it on any atv I've owned ?, no need for it..lol. i'm used to steering my '89 trx350D foreman, if you can steer that ?, then it's all down hill from there..lol. waste of money, cost out the ying yang I bet to replace if it ever goes bad ?, no thanks, i'll stick with simple..lol.

·
Registered
712 Posts

power steering ?..meh, never had it on any atv I've owned ?, no need for it..lol. i'm used to steering my '89 trx350D foreman, if you can steer that ?, then it's all down hill from there..lol. waste of money, cost out the ying yang I bet to replace if it ever goes bad ?, no thanks, i'll stick with simple..lol.
Exactly! That's how I felt too! It's more fluff, more money, more electronics, one more thing to go wrong, plus I don't need it..until I bought one and put 1840 miles on it. Now I love it.

But, I can honestly say, to each his own. It's all about personal preference.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.