Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week my brother and I went out to help some rancher buddies of ours in western North Dakota work over their herd.

These guys have about 700 pair of angus near Badlands National Park near Medora, ND.

Anyway, I shot a couple photos of their Honda's.

They have:
-A early 2000's Honda Foreman S (red) (+) 18,000 miles
-A mid 2000(ish?) Rubicon (white) with (+) 21,000 miles
-A 2010 Rancher without an Odometer
-Another early 2000 Honda Foreman ES (green, no battery) She's rough but not as rough as Red Foreman.
-(2) 230 Honda Dirt bikes. One is totally friggin smashed. The other showroom condition
-(1) 150 Honda dirt Bike Really nice shape.

Best part is, the ranch owner hardly ever drives the ATV's. He only prefers the older dirt bike because it rides better and is smoother.

Also, the one son (who doesn't work on ranch) said he's never seen their dad (who runs ranch) ever service or change oil on any of the Honda's.

They own (7) Honda's and these things have been put through the ringer.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
It saddens me to see great machines in such a condition, I see so many like this here in the UK on farms throughout the country, lack of maintenance must be a farmer thing!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In his defense, and having grown up ranching and farming, I'm sure taking care of the Honda's is just not high on his priority list.

When you look at the health and condition of his cattle/land/fencing (which are excellent) you quickly realize where his priorities are.

his atv's & dirt bikes are simply a tool of the trade.

Overall, I can't believe the beating these things can take and keep running. Hard to argue with the team that designed and built these things.

FWIW, western North Dakota can see temperatures in excess of 100 (F) in the summer and get down to -30 (F) in the winter.

Very, very well built and ranch tested!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I say impressive. It's obvious they're not toys to these guys, they're tools to get a job done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah buddy.

(1) mommy cow + (1) happy healthy baby calf = one pair.

uncles run 1,000 pair about an hour SW of Bismarck. They run all Polaris Rangers tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts