Honda ATV Forum banner

Reverse lockout on 1991 300fourtrax

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  TBRider 
#1 ·
Does removing the R button make it easier to get reverse, I bought a new handle with the button and it worked for a while but now I am having difficultly getting the lockout engaged.

#3 ·
you prob wont get much help from here, least not a fast response ?, most of us dont answer questions anymore, we moved on..lol. but I can tell you, the red button on the lever is only part of operating the reverse.

Reactions: _Wilson_
#5 ·
Did you buy an OEM part for your model?
I wouldn’t say those engagement tolerances are tight but i had to lube mine
After market part. The reverse lever is a little loose and the button either doesn't engage or sometimes slips out. I think I'll remove the button and see if that helps or I'll take the button out and just bolt the thing to the brake handle as someone suggested.

#8 ·
I have arthritis in that finger which is part of my problem also. I get the point but I only use it to plow and do things around the house. I'll try just removing the plastic button first and leaving the metal part there. Thanks for the replies. I'll reply with my success or ultimate fix.

#12 ·
I wedged a small piece of rubber behind the leaver and don't even have to squeeze the brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.