Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
On the subject of colours how popular is yellow on the 450 foreman? I don’t see many when searching the internet.

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Maybe its just me or the area I live in... but every time I see a yellow 450 Foreman it is usually a manual shift bike. While red 450 Foremans seem to be mostly ES bikes around here. If I had to guess which is a more popular color? I'd guess red or green before yellow, but the bright yellow color looks fantastic on some bikes... @Macarena Man has a real sharp 450S for instance. :)

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
mine is yeller. other people got em here. never seen one for sell neither. i guess red is the selling colour. i wonder if i can dye mine varna orange? 450ES

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Thanks Rowedoo, done that and then some...! Matter of fact, the Creamsicle is unrecognizable right now. It looks like a beater covered in thick red clay goo. Maybe I'll wash it this week if it gets a chance to sit still for a couple hours? Probably not though, its on lumberjackin' duty for another 3-4 weeks.

I've got another teardown planned for it during the winter, so its gotta be cleaned up good before its parked for that. Patience... :)

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
I got a few odd things in mind for a teardown excuse. I'm gonna refinish the racks & bumpers for one... might have them powdercoated, but dunno yet. They still look good but paint is wearing off in a few places and I'm thinking about making form fitted removable floors for the racks from some sort of heavy screen, since I strap on a lot of small items.

I want to add a marine shutoff switch to the hot cable going to the winch contactor in case that ever sticks and I need to tear the contactor and rocker switches back down to insure that my waterproofing is holding up. I have some new OEM lower shock absorber pins and seals, that didn't get replaced the 1st teardown... probably add a rear view mirror and possibly a GPS/phone mount. I'm still scheming on adding additional lighting for the tight trails (no trails) areas I ride in too.

I'll probably build an adjustable cooling fan controller from scratch to control both kick-on and kick-off temps and make it so the fan comes on if the temp sensor wire gets ripped off, and kicks on if the sensor ever fails out of range. Wheelsquad needs one of those for his 400AT too, so I'll build at least two units... I want to start working on the selectable clutch gizmo revision too. I need to provide speed sensor monitoring capabilities for on-the-fly engagement/disengagement. I'm sure the list will grow some more before the snow gets deep. :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts