Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate to complain, here it goes.. i was logged in, but managed to the hit the X button on firefox, turning it off, more than once.. 2 times i got back, still logged in,,, the 3rd or so time, not so much.. i was responding to a thread, but was not logged in. when did i sign in, what i wrote was gone. i would think that when your write something, when you sign in, what your write would still be there. good on the SSL an such.. //ed ill probably have to polish this thread up a bit, so thats it understood.. same as usual.. //ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i will do this thing. now the site is going through a transformation. i had problems, relating to replies, an, notifications.. this thumbnail showed up more than once. 4 or so more.
the thumbnail is 1 that i am trying to post, to show you a problem, but wont post.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thumbnail

i dont see the thumbnail tonight yet, after a few or so trys.. i have to get back to you on that one. //ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont see the thumbnail tonight yet, after a few or so trys.. i have to get back to you on that one. //ed
tonight this showed up on reply. last night it did also, but never showed up on site. hope this works..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
tonight this showed up on reply. last night it did also, but never showed up on site. hope this works..
i was replying to "aTVitsnot" on different thread, when,^^^ thumbnail picture showed up. its not a thumbnail, but shows what the page is doing, at the top, of my tab. i hit the X part of the bar, then recycled the page, this time it took. dont know if i can splain it any better. //Ed
PS, some times my pages keep running, though i am at my destination, so i hit the X part, not to waste bandwidth. if i need to go forward, i just enter what im doing. next im going to enter, save changes. these problems may have to do with java. i try not to use java best i can.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Clear your cache and cookies and login with the Remember Me box checked off. Let me know if it still happens.
the problem i got was before the site change thats going on now. it can wait some. however, i did post some about the change, even, in this thread, that is different. no need to respond in a while as your hands are full. i will get back to you after the transition. i will post to let you know what i am thinking, or of problems related, to site change. least i come across something, tragically difficult. //Ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
site change

that page showed up again when posting a PM. i hit the X button to stop loading current page, then hit the reload button, and my message was sent. [i thought so]...
also. HTML code is off. is this normal? i thought HTML was just a basic code.
this thumbnail, should it show again on this reply, has came up several times.
i am trying firefox in private browsing mode to see if this works. ed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^^ thumbnail seemed to download better.. likes received, still goes to profile. :sad ill get over it:smile

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
site misallignment

i went down a couple a threads to, 'Important Security Update", and sam had post a link ending in html. it worker fine, thought my HTML code still says its not on. who knew?? enough worrying about the site problem for me today, hopefully for a week. there are many others better equipped upstairs.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
next it happens, i hope to take a screenshot, should i remember to enable screenshot. i seems im having problems on other sites lately, that ae related to this sites problems. seems to due with security, an also java. some sites are secure, as this is going, others are not, like this was. i think some force wants control, online x multitudes. best leave off, for i get too, yakking to much. //ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Id need a screenshot of the actual page and not the tab. I can't gather any information from just the tab's partial URL
should, an if this happens again, i ll do my best to capture the page. it hasnt done it in a few days.
got to get back into the, internet chigger nest.:|

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Id need a screenshot of the actual page and not the tab. I can't gather any information from just the tab's partial URL
when i was replying to a thread at that time, many others, the page was blank.. that tab or whatever was the only thing that showed up. it done this over 5 times, never made it to 10. in the last few days it hasn't done it at all. 3 perhaps 4 days.
seems my sign ins may also work better.. likes i still got a problem with. never was enough anyway. thats on me. yuk yuk.
i will get back to you on other problems, later on. this thing where you cant read likes is a strange one. //ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
sign in

Hey Goose; tonight i signed in. went to a different forum, had to sign in again, then tried to reply, but had to sign in again. thats when i lose my reply.. it disappears when i sign in the third time.
sign in was checked the 1st time an the 2nd., as has been in the past when this happens.. there is something else strange about this.. replying to a thread fishfiles name keeps showing up., must be ten or more times, this has happened. got two thumbnails that i hope displays least, the important part of the page. //ed
should this not work, i will try to download the thumbnails again. i am most courious why, when this happens, does fishfiles name keep coming up? is there a ghost in the machine?, hondaatvforums.. PS i think some might like me, or my words here, least they get a good yuk yuk,, i still cant get past my profile.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Hi Led,

The likes menu link is still broken. Clicking Likes takes you to your profile page. Once on your profile page, you can click on the number of Likes received listed there... and your Likes received should come up. This takes an extra click but its a workaround until they fix that menu. See attachment.

As for your login issues... I wonder if you are being logged out automatically due to inactivity on the forums? The site logs you out (your cookie expires) if you leave the site to browse elsewhere, or are inactive for a period of time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hi Led,

The likes menu link is still broken. Clicking Likes takes you to your profile page. Once on your profile page, you can click on the number of Likes received listed there... and your Likes received should come up. This takes an extra click but its a workaround until they fix that menu. See attachment.

As for your login issues... I wonder if you are being logged out automatically due to inactivity on the forums? The site logs you out (your cookie expires) if you leave the site to browse elsewhere, or are inactive for a period of time.
i had not clicked on that part of my profile page.. i had understood it as to go back to the top, hit notifications, then click likes received. of course nothing happened.
i am not on the site long enough, to lose my login. i just go to a different page, on this site, then the next page reads, not logged in. some times it does it, other times it dont. it could be dish.net causing the problem. they did manage to point the dish, towards a tall tree, in the back yard. [a dish can be 80' away from house, with what research i done, an still work fine].. that would have been a clear shot to a satellite. time is money when installing. quality is a different subject. when this thing happens, it just shouldn't do it. some sort of fluke.
when i am on this site, i stay here till i am done, much to the agony of others.:smile

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
hey retro; this time i tried it the way you suggested, an it showed up fine. thanks. much appreciated. ed. just one of my names, some i wont print here.

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
Great! I got another question for ya Ed. By any chance are you sometimes opening another browser window (or tab) in Private browsing mode? Doing so bypasses your session cookie so you won't be logged in while that new Private window or tab is being used. If you aren't doing that ignore this question...

I also have occasional problems here late at night. A couple nights ago I was being logged out every time I clicked on something, so I just left and read another forum. Now tonight, I've noticed no new issues here. But lets face it... this place is an unsecured mess. We may have to learn to live with it.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Great! I got another question for ya Ed. By any chance are you sometimes opening another browser window (or tab) in Private browsing mode? Doing so bypasses your session cookie so you won't be logged in while that new Private window or tab is being used. If you aren't doing that ignore this question...

I also have occasional problems here late at night. A couple nights ago I was being logged out every time I clicked on something, so I just left and read another forum. Now tonight, I've noticed no new issues here. But lets face it... this place is an unsecured mess. We may have to learn to live with it.
last night i was doing fine, till i left 2nd hard drive, linux, and went to 1st hard drive, windows. im using an older version of windows,XP. its about obscure an then some. then,, when dish installed the satellite dish receiver, they put it in near, behind the house, on the north side, faced it south-east a tad, when the spring came the tall tree in the back yard, is full of leaves, plus when it rains the leaves are full of water. anyone knows roundabout, water an electricity dont mix. radio/satellite waves are electric. except for dish installers. [you think,, course they know] Sat. needs a clear shot to the sky/satellites. the house blocks some signal, not near as much as the tree does.
part of the tree broke off last night. i think it was from the winds the previous day. ornamental pear trees break easy. make good fire wood though. had the whole tree fell, would have had plenty of fire wood, a clearer shot at the sky.
could move the dish receiver, cept my brother knows everything, he got it installed. its his dime, or mind.
when you know everything, you know nothing at all. know-it-alls, cant admit they are wrong. sad aint it.
enough venting. i feel better somewhat., well maybe some:grin PS i wasnt using private browsing. this has been a resent problem, mostly, perhaps due to the change, here. got to admit, being on 63, an getting, busted up on occasion, got a change going on myself. not complaining, just is..

1 - 20 of 128 Posts