Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have Renthal Fat Bars on a Honda 400 ex? I just ordered them and would like to know how the application went? And do they look good on your bike? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I do not have them. Renthal make a great product. You will need new clamps to attach them with. I'm having a brain fart and cannot remember the proper name for the part that connect them to the steering stem.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You will love them. Did you get an adapter to make them fit? Your stock stem is only 7/8" the fat bars are 1 1/8". Only in the middle, all of your controls will fit.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have the CR High/ATV bend with the trail tech big bar clamp. It takes a little getting used to because they are lower and wider, but I love them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Red thanks for the advice and suggestion. I used the link you posted and purchased the big bar clamp kit. Thanks. I will let you know how it goes when I put them on.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
My pleasure, I used the same ones on my 450 until I got my new stem...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RED,

When installing those with the big bar clamp kit will I have enough room to reattach my ignition plate? Did you have to pull the wiring up or something. Also man I ordered a K&N air filter from Rocky Mountain ATV. It says it will fit but I wasn't thinking... It is Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake Replacement K&N Filter Part # 1093000005. (on rocky mountain atv) Also I got new brake pads. I Hope they fit too. They are EBC brake pad-sintered metal Part # 1045010028. (on rocky mountain atv as well). I took apart the brake caliber today and seen i needed pads, but the ones i ordered are not square like the oem ones i have now, but the site said they will fit. Can you take a quick look for me. I have a 2007 Honda 400 ex trx. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
When I bought fat bars, I used a dremmel tool to make the plastic housing for the key and lights fit on the over sized bars. I used a hose clamp since the stock bars had a smalll tab to attach the plastic housing to. The cables were plenty long.

The air filter will only work with their intake setup. The price is a tad more but this is the whole kit you would need, this comes with the mounting plate.
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

On the brake pads you do realize that you have to order a set for the front left and a set for the front right? EBC is the best brake pad available, I use them on my racer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks RED!! I canceled my last order and ordered the Modquad and EBC MXS/Sintered brake pads. And thanks for the advice on the fat bars installation. Ill let you know how everything goes. I'm newer to all of this but absolutely love to ride!! And like working on the bike as well.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
It gets worse... LOL Once you start bolting upgrades to your machine it gets addicting. As you can see I got carried away with my quad and my Rhino...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Sweet lookin machines you got there red, I think I will be strippin my Z400 this winter to power coat and polish it.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Thanks, stripping them down is fun...IMO

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ya, I can't wait.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice RED!! I see how you did the ignition plate somewhat. You have a closer shot of that. I want to see how you attached the hose clamp. And i ordered a Renthal pad but it looks like it will not fit? Nice machines man. You must have some fun riding those.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
That is all aftermarket, stem, bars, clamp and dash panel...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks nice man. So you bought the ignition plate aftermarket. But when you first got your fat bars you used a dremmel to make the cover plate fit around the bar right? Because this is what I'm going to do. I hope it works.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yes, that is what those small notches on the edge of my bars are. Where the plastic thing rubbed on them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts