Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I pulled the trigger on an '05 Foreman 500. Runs good, everything checked out good. The plastics look good, and I got a good deal on it for my area.

The only things I don't like about it are the lift kit and the tires that are on it. The lift kit is 2", but I just don't like the idea of it possibly adding additional wear and tear due to the change of angle. Plus, I have no plans of any adventurous riding, just boring farm type work so I want to remove it.

I have little experience with this but it looks easyish. Just wanted to ask to be sure I understand right. In the attached pictures, I just need to remove the spacers, and re-attach the shock (blue circle) to the original frame mount (red circle). Is that correct? Are there any other issues I need to consider while doing this?

Also, the seller included the original 25" tires and wheels so I am going to throw those back on and sell the 27" ones which are just too aggressive for my tastes.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
yep, just unbolt them, re-attach the shocks right back to the oem mounting bolt holes, easy. question ????, why is there a warn switch out on the front drive shaft ?????. these have a 2wd-4wd electric switch on the throttle for this.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
and where is your front disk brakes ????.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
something tells me you did not buy a '05 trx500 bro !!!.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
this is what a '05 trx500 should look like on the front end ?, and this is what the front drive shaft looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, these aren't pics of mine. I got it back to the house late last night. Just pics of a lift kit i pulled off the internet

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Sorry, these aren't pics of mine. I got it back to the house late last night. Just pics of a lift kit i pulled off the internet
lol, don't post pic's of something else, when asking about how to work on a your model ?..lol. or you get answers like you did from me ? :). but yes, just unbolt the lift kit, re-attach the shocks right back down to the mounting area :).

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
and you will need to put the 25 tires back on, in order to clear the fenders and such ?, or they will hit !.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, already planning to put the 25's back on at the same time. Thanks for the help.
What kind of tires are the 27s? I'm looking a not-too-expensive set of 27s for my wife's Prairie, and I'm in NC as well.

Edit: Nevermind. I just looked up Forest City and it's on the other side of Charlotte. I'm east of Raleigh so that's way too far to drive for tires. Thanks anyway.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Yeah, already planning to put the 25's back on at the same time. Thanks for the help.
your welcome. I am still putting my '05 trx500fm back together ?, this is how I know what they look like ?..lol. I was like..ummm..his don't look like a trx500 at all ??..lol. I've got a '09 trx500FPE that is my buds, doing an engine rebuild on it, and other things later, ( still have mine in my shop..lol ). his is electric shift, mine is manual shift, his has one oil cooler, mine has two, other than this ?, and his has power steering. other than this ?, for the most part they are the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts