Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a video or can someone tell me how to remove Engine covers on the sides and what order to remove for cleaning and mait. yes im a dummy and all my other bikes were never covered up like this one is.:moshiz:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a video or can someone tell me how to remove Engine covers on the sides and what order to remove for cleaning and mait. yes im a dummy and all my other bikes were never covered up like this one is.:moshiz:
I can tell you this. The side covers and top piece come off as one. No screws just pop fasteners. Real easy just take it slow and don't force anything. Your owners manual gives you pictures. Putting it back on was more a pain than taking off.

Enjoy....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yes, here is a video that shows it - but like they said, it's in the owner's manual very clearly. Even so, mine is a pain every time I do it. In fact, I was mad the first time I took mine off thinking, "it'll be easy to get back on." It wasn't, and I made the dummy mistake of taking it off at night, when it was cold and dark outside. Cold and dark made it harder to get back on.

TIP: I have found that it all snaps back together more easily with a very small amount of lubricant on the "male" inserts. I'm not trying to be funny here, it's just true. It made the whole thing easier, and much more enjoyable...ah dang, there we go again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts