Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a torque convertor removal tool? It is like a Yamaha flywheel puller but it is 35mm x 1.0mm where as the yamaha puller is 35mm x 1.5mm and it will not thread on. Honda stealership wants better that $150 for it. I am trying to replace my cam chain and you have to pull the motor almost completely apart. I am beginning to get seriously frustrated with honda new wave engineering designs.:icon_ devil::icon_ rasta:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes, if you actually go through a Honda service manual, there are soooo many specialized tools. It is absolutely ridiculous. What happened to the days where all you needed was a socket set, ratcheting wrench, and a torque wrench?!?!?

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a torque convertor removal tool? It is like a Yamaha flywheel puller but it is 35mm x 1.0mm where as the yamaha puller is 35mm x 1.5mm and it will not thread on. Honda stealership wants better that $150 for it. I am trying to replace my cam chain and you have to pull the motor almost completely apart. I am beginning to get seriously frustrated with honda new wave engineering designs.:icon_ devil::icon_ rasta:
are you trying to take a flywheel off a honda ?..or a yammer hammer ?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
He isn't trying to remove a flywheel. He's trying to remove the torque converter on a Rincon.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
He isn't trying to remove a flywheel. He's trying to remove the torque converter on a Rincon.
ah..ok..not my job on that department..totally lost..your call helmut..lol.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
may wanna buz ebay for one..worth a shot !

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I noticed his ad says "Fits most all 4 stroke Honda 4 Wheelers except Rubicon." With my luck on ebay, I'd buy the tool, and call the guy and he'd say "yeah, it doesn't fit that model Honda, did you read my listing?" lol

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
I noticed his ad says "Fits most all 4 stroke Honda 4 Wheelers except Rubicon." With my luck on ebay, I'd buy the tool, and call the guy and he'd say "yeah, it doesn't fit that model Honda, did you read my listing?" lol
that also would be my luck..and to make it worse..i would go to send it back..and they wouldn't be around anymore !..lol

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It should work. It says it removes the torque converter on both the 650 and 680 Rincons.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yep, gonna have to try it, that dude is on there. Helmut, you tha man. I have been looking and looking. Now maybe I can get started in the right direction, back together. Thanks.

And I just looked at his location, he's in Southhaven, MS which is 10 min. from me. I wonder if 69quadracer knows this person, or maybe it's him. LOL

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Yep, gonna have to try it, that dude is on there. Helmut, you tha man. I have been looking and looking. Now maybe I can get started in the right direction, back together. Thanks.

And I just looked at his location, he's in Southhaven, MS which is 10 min. from me. I wonder if 69quadracer knows this person, or maybe it's him. LOL
hey !!!!!!!..i mentioned ebay too damnit !!..thats it..from now on..helmut gets all the work !..lmfaooooo.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
69 is selling behind our back's ..say it aint soooo !!!..lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sydney's leading car removal company guarantees to provide you with the best cash offer as well as the best car removal tool for your car, and also handle all of the paperwork ensuring that the entire process is legal while also being environmentally friendly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts