Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to rejet my 2007 400 ex. looking at my carbeurator it looks very tight to get to. can anyone please tell me if I need to take it off the bike to do this? or can I rejet it without having to take bike apart? Please list the steps again for me to follow. (im so pissed off, i rolled my bike yesterday with my new fat bars on for the first ride and bent the steering stem plate on left side and now the bars are uneven) Any advice on how to fix that too? greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
149 Posts
do you have a service manual ? it gives you all the information to pull the carb.The first time i read it , i was like i really should take this to someone who knows what they are doing. Now i can pull the carb out in a few min.s.
The great thing about this is have fun learning, the next time is easzier, and you say wow that wasn't so bad. ask helmut, or post a " need a manual " and you will be fixin it yourself in know time. I was not able to turn a wrench at all [ i am a cook ] , now i can . thanks to the geat support you have here!:happy2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I dont have a manual. Just the manual that came with the bike. But I need a different one than that right?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
No I dont have a manual. Just the manual that came with the bike. But I need a different one than that right?
Yeah, the one that came with the bike was an owner's manual, you need a service manual. We'll find you one.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
you do not need to remove the carb to replace the main jet.
shut the fuel off grab a 17mm wrench put a rag under the carb on the engine remove the bowl nut off the bottom of the carb let the fuel run out of the bowl. take your finger and feel in the opening you should feel the jet off to one side of the hole. grab a 1/4 drive 7mm deep or shallow socket and ratchet and remove the jet. if the jet holder comes out with it thats ok you can put it back. when you install the new jet all you have to do is snug it down do not over tighten it you will start throwing stuff. lol now locate the air screw just infront of the bowl toards the front of the quad it will be slotted. take a very short small screw driver ( like the pocket type) I cut the handle off one to make it fit, but they make a carb screwwdriver for cars that has a flexible shaft that will work too. now look at the position of the slot and turn it 1/2 turn out.Put the bowl nut on do not over tighten that either. Turn on the fuel and enjoy

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRX2five0,

When you say look at the position of the slot and turn out 1/2 turn out. You mean loosen it 1/2 turn? And you mentioned I would need to run a test to make sure it was done right. Will I still need to do this? And one last question.. I'm eventually going to purchase a HMF pipe. But I need to wait to get the extra $650 (because I'm getting a full system). Can I do this rejet now and then rejet again when I add the pipe? Or should i just wait and do all at once? What would you do?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I would not wait, running the quad lean or rich is not real good for it. Mooses steps were spot on but use a 6mm deep socket, not a 7mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts