Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have always been a Yamaha Raptor guy but I needed something my son could grow into so I decided on a 2002 400ex that was in pretty good condition. Picked it up for around $2000 and ripped it apart. This was not a total rebuild, I have done many of those but this quad was already pretty clean. I rebuilt the carb, tossed the K&N in the garbage and installed a Pro Design ProFlo Kit, replaced the sprockets and chain, new brakes, rear caliper and rotor. Then a bunch of new powder coat, seat and new plastic. I was not a fan of the yellow plastic so I went red. It’s now time for me to take it on a few test rides to see if its ready. Beside the plastic I tried to keep to a budget and I am probably $3000 into the quad now. It was a fun little project. Makes me want to do another!

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Good lord i would believe it if you said that thing was brand new. Time to get it dirty! LoL

Reactions: UnkleRaRa

·
Registered
324 Posts
Did your son help you do the work?
We lost our son (17), 7 years ago this coming Monday. I cherish the memories of he and I working on projects together. The journey was better than the end result.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Damn that thing is super clean. I would be very scared to ride that and get it dirty! lol

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
looks great !. not much for sport atvs ?, more into utility's, but I am more interested in what's under that car cover ?, charger ?, mustang ?, Camaro ?..lol.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
looks great !. not much for sport atvs ?, more into utility's, but I am more interested in what's under that car cover ?, charger ?, mustang ?, Camaro ?..lol.
LOL i was wondering the same thing but I didn't want to ask LOL! I also see a jet ski

·
Registered
559 Posts
From the looks of it, my guess is a newer gen Camaro!

Should we start a poll? lol

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! This year I will be riding it to get the bugs out. My son should be ready next year. hodge5, I am very sorry to hear that. I cant even imagine. He did help some but he has his own project going on right now. Being cold up here right now our time in the barn is limited and he is behind on what he has going.

Well, under the cover..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Im at a loss for words that's gorgeous, I don't know which one is more clean the Quad or the Chevy Camaro. LOL

Reactions: Wreckless
1 - 13 of 13 Posts