Honda ATV Forum banner

******* Build Club ATV of the Month

12K views 63 replies 12 participants last post by  LedFTed 
#1 ·
This months winner , Chinese clone atv , for $200 it could be yours , and it is signed by the builder

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
******* snow conversion I put together this winter from a set of 2 tracks and skis I picked up. By the time we got it done though, most snow was gone. Did get a chance to try it out myself twice and it goes through surprisingly deep snow. Could definitely feel the extra weight in the front end of the 4wd Rancher weighing it down though. Next year I will be bolting it onto a 2wd Honda. It's way slower than an actual snowmobile, but I was just looking for something to get around the property on during the winters we have too much snow for 4wd atv's. And I have trouble operating standard snowmobiles so this seemed like a project worth trying. So far I'm glad I did it.

Attachments

#50 ·
i got tossed many times riding the ponies, dont think i ever made that altitude.
looks like he's bout to run out of oxygen.

#51 ·
is that a small keg in the front?

#55 · (Edited)
my 2000 flipped over. it hit a tree root at the bottom, with left front tire, that was sticking out on top the ground. i couldnt jump off as it went over, it was down hill. i straightened my legs, to keep the momentum up. i was in a ditch, of sorts, a drain off from the hill, but i wanted to make sure it kept rolling. it went one more time over, and rested against a tree still running. it rolled over twice.
this was a defense reaction, from my horse days. you learn to respond, without thinking. it was however, trained into me. bottom line, do you train for this, should it happen? far as i know, aint no such course. just ride and go..
i will tell you one rule i dont obey, dont ride alone.. The End

#56 ·
I use to ride alone a lot , guess I am getting smarter as I don't go too deep in the woods by myself any more , safety in numbers ----this weekend my buddy was talking about the time his Can-Am flipped over on him and pinned his leg under the bike , he was on his back and his chin was touching the water , another 2 inches and he would have drowned , he was last in line and I was ahead of him , lucky I turned around to check on him , went back and couldn't push the bike over and back on it's wheels by myself , I grabbed his wader straps and held his head above the water till the rest of the gang came back ----one time at night I flipped over by myself and walked 1 1/2 miles bare foot thru the snake infested woods cause I lost my Crocks in the slop

#58 ·
I remember that story.

I go out alone some times, but I don't ever do anything more than trails that I know well (no water, no hills). Of course, now with the new little one I doubt I'll be doing much riding unless it's with the few big group rides we try to do.

I've gotten stuck out in the middle of my duck hole a few times (when the water was down after I blew the beaver dam). Once I spent about two hours winching from small sapling to small sapling until I could get the machine moving. The other time I had to call the wife to bring me another wheeler/winch, pull it out in the bog, keeping it close enough to a tree to use the winch, and hook them together to get them out.

She was PO'd. Was taking a nap when I called. She did bring me a couple of beers though when she came. LOL

#64 ·
chopper style; ^^^^
i just cant think of anything to say. was it $500.oo to haul it away.. or e wants $500.oo...
either way is a no win.. .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.