Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
It's a bird , it's a plane , it's a 3 wheeler chasing a guy thru the air .... bet that hurt !!!!!
i got tossed many times riding the ponies, dont think i ever made that altitude.
looks like he's bout to run out of oxygen.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
It's not how good you cut the grass , it is how fast you get finished , relax and drink a few beers
is that a small keg in the front?

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I was reading a story over the weekend with a pic , the 4 wheeler flipped over on the rider in what looked like a ditch on side the road/trail and he was stuck under there for 3 days before someone found him , he was still alive

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I was reading a story over the weekend with a pic , the 4 wheeler flipped over on the rider in what looked like a ditch on side the road/trail and he was stuck under there for 3 days before someone found him , he was still alive
my 2000 flipped over. it hit a tree root at the bottom, with left front tire, that was sticking out on top the ground. i couldnt jump off as it went over, it was down hill. i straightened my legs, to keep the momentum up. i was in a ditch, of sorts, a drain off from the hill, but i wanted to make sure it kept rolling. it went one more time over, and rested against a tree still running. it rolled over twice.
this was a defense reaction, from my horse days. you learn to respond, without thinking. it was however, trained into me. bottom line, do you train for this, should it happen? far as i know, aint no such course. just ride and go..
i will tell you one rule i dont obey, dont ride alone.. The End

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I use to ride alone a lot , guess I am getting smarter as I don't go too deep in the woods by myself any more , safety in numbers ----this weekend my buddy was talking about the time his Can-Am flipped over on him and pinned his leg under the bike , he was on his back and his chin was touching the water , another 2 inches and he would have drowned , he was last in line and I was ahead of him , lucky I turned around to check on him , went back and couldn't push the bike over and back on it's wheels by myself , I grabbed his wader straps and held his head above the water till the rest of the gang came back ----one time at night I flipped over by myself and walked 1 1/2 miles bare foot thru the snake infested woods cause I lost my Crocks in the slop

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
I use to ride alone a lot , guess I am getting smarter as I don't go too deep in the woods by myself any more , safety in numbers ----this weekend my buddy was talking about the time his Can-Am flipped over on him and pinned his leg under the bike , he was on his back and his chin was touching the water , another 2 inches and he would have drowned , he was last in line and I was ahead of him , lucky I turned around to check on him , went back and couldn't push the bike over and back on it's wheels by myself , I grabbed his wader straps and held his head above the water till the rest of the gang came back ----one time at night I flipped over by myself and walked 1 1/2 miles bare foot thru the snake infested woods cause I lost my Crocks in the slop
I remember that story.

I go out alone some times, but I don't ever do anything more than trails that I know well (no water, no hills). Of course, now with the new little one I doubt I'll be doing much riding unless it's with the few big group rides we try to do.

I've gotten stuck out in the middle of my duck hole a few times (when the water was down after I blew the beaver dam). Once I spent about two hours winching from small sapling to small sapling until I could get the machine moving. The other time I had to call the wife to bring me another wheeler/winch, pull it out in the bog, keeping it close enough to a tree to use the winch, and hook them together to get them out.

She was PO'd. Was taking a nap when I called. She did bring me a couple of beers though when she came. LOL

41 - 60 of 64 Posts