Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 recon 250 that starts and fines perfectly, but when trying to accelerate in first gear it bogs down and wants to stall.

I am not a mechanic, but removed the carb and cleaned the main and pilot jets. After putting it back together the quad does the exact same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What was your method for cleaning? Spraying it with carb clean? Sounds like there could still be a clogged jet. Wouldn't be the first time that things seemed clean and really weren't. Maybe soak the carb in a carb soak can and blow some compressed air through all the jets.

Does it make any difference if the choke is partially on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was your method for cleaning? Spraying it with carb clean? Sounds like there could still be a clogged jet. Wouldn't be the first time that things seemed clean and really weren't. Maybe soak the carb in a carb soak can and blow some compressed air through all the jets.

Does it make any difference if the choke is partially on?
Thank you for replying...I took the carbuerator off/apart and removed all the jets and sprayed with carb cleaner then blew compressed air through all the offices.

I removed spark plug (which was basically new) and it was black with soot. Cleaned it and put back in.

I removed the gas tank, drained it, then rinsed it out with white gas...filled it back up with brand new gas.

It runs a hair better than it did before, but it is certainly far from correct.

From what I've been reading it sounds like it's running "rich"?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks again for replying as this is FRUSTRATING!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts