Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I just purchased my first four wheeler last week. A white 2009 Rancher 420 ES on ITP SS212 wheels and worn down Sedona Ripsaw tires. (26x9x12 in the front, 26x10x12 on the back). I'm looking at getting new tires soon and I'm wanting to put a slightly wider tire on the front but I'm not sure how large the 420's can handle. I was thinking 26x10x12 Kenda Executioners on the front and 26x12x12 on the back but I'm not sure if they'll fit and if the 12" wide on the back will rob too much power. I'm gonna be playing in the mud quite a bit with it but I also enjoy riding just dirt or gravel trails at different parks. Any help I'd appreciated. I love this wheeler already. It has an HMF exhaust on it so the neighbors already like it. Aftermarket front and rear bumpers too. Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
26's are the max I would go on the rancher, I ran 12 26x12's in the rear of my rancher and no noticeable power loss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
26's are the max I would go on the rancher, I ran 12 26x12's in the rear of my rancher and no noticeable power loss.
Awesome thanks! As far as tires are concerned, what would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Awesome thanks! As far as tires are concerned, what would you recommend?
I don't do mud, so can't really recommend tires lol plus it starts arguments ha

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I run on this quad & my old Honda, Executioners. I love them. They perform well in all conditions, except sand.. they dig down. They wear like iron too!!!!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Highfly, Welcome. Are you looking for a bias ply or a radial tire? That's what I ask anyone who asks for tires on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Highfly, Welcome. Are you looking for a bias ply or a radial tire? That's what I ask anyone who asks for tires on here.
I believe the executioners are 6-ply tires. I don't know much more than that. I'm not really sure which kind I want. Something good in the mud and won't wear out in 500 miles. But something that'll work on trails and rocky stuff too

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
The prob with exes is they are quite heavy and run short. Mud Bugs are always my go-to tire, but there is other good options out there. Swamp Witch and Outlaw MST are two other good tires. I would have no issues with 26's on a ES Rancher.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts