Honda ATV Forum banner

Recommend Tires For Me

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ccam7374 
#1 ·
Hello Folks and I am new to the forum. I have a 1999 Honda FourTrax 300 4x4 which I bought new back then. I don't use it a whole lot but use it for hunting, trapping and some trail riding. I seldom drive on hard pavement but only when I plow my driveway. I need help on buying new tires for this machine. The original tires and rims are still on the machine and they are FRONT: AT 23 x 8-11 and REAR: 24 x 9-11. I have a Triton ATV trailer that I use to go hunting and trapping. I take the plow off when not in use but leave on the plow mounts on under the machine. Anyway when I trailer the machine the plow mounts hang up somewhat on the ramp and can make it a pain to trailer the machine sometimes. I don't want to take off the plow mounts if possible. I think its time for me to buy some new tires and or rims. I am not sure if I buy lets say a 25" tire would they rub on the fenders. Don't know if a lift kit would work or not. Please recommend to me what tires, rims, lift kit, tire, rim, make model tire sizes that you suggest. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The maximum recommended size by many is 26". Any taller and you'll loose considerable amounts of power.

Bear claws are a good all round tire, as are mud lites. I'd stick with stock width, just go taller.
For what they cost you could add a bolt on lift kit, they do help a little.

Reactions: Catfish911
#4 ·
Shop around.. I've always found eBay the cheapest of I'm honest

Reactions: Catfish911
#5 ·
I am new to the forum. I just want to know if I can put after market rims with a 25" tire on my 2013 Rancher with automatic DCT/ESP transmission, power steering and IRS. I bought the bike used from an old man and he kept it in his garage. The bike is almost mint, anyways I dont need new tires now cause the tires are in super good shape but I want some guidance from anyone about tires and rims. I really only want to go to a 25" cause as of now I have stock 24".
Oh also can anyone tell me how the numbers on the tires work and what they mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.