Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am not sure if this has been posted in here already,but I did a recall,and recalls search only finding a couple of model specific posts..This link encompasses all atv brands,atv winches(wholda thunkit),and atv recalls from the early 2000s on up,and maybe Helmut,or Mudd,or one of the mods can sticky it,or move it where it should be posted at.... ATVSafety.gov Recalls

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumbed Out!!

I just bought a 500 foreman 2013 off of the showroom floor. two days later I am called by the dealership and told that there is a recall on the bike AND not to ride it. He doesn't even know what the recall is about other than "some idea" about the steering pin. A week later(today) I called to see what the news is....He still couldn't tell me! I sure am glad I bought a Foreman to sit at my house for the beginning of Bow season. Needlessto say, I am not a happy camper! If anyone know anything please let me know, Thanks in advance....Darrell from East Texas:icon_ cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are all these recalls still actively open do you know? I have an 00 Rancher 350 that is part of the improperly welded control arm mounts. About two weeks ago one of my arms tore off. I rewelded it but I'd be nice to have it taken care of by Honda. Upon further notice when my mount broke I noticed the other side had also broke and been welded previously at some point

·
Registered
12 Posts
Called Honda and the dealer I use today. Honda has opened a case, took it to the dealer and they took pictures of where the mounts had cracked and I repaired it. What I'm told is that affected atvs that have not had the mounts crack get a brace put in place between the mounts. Ones that have cracked, or in my case cracked and been repaired, get a frame replacement. Also, there is a shift part recall on mine that will be done and possible new upper control arms due to stress from busted mounts. I would honestly love it of Honda bought me out with a credit towards a new Rancher but I don't see that happening. Going to be an expensive bill for them however.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you want to know if your car or motorcycle or atv has recalls, look for recals.gov and select motor vehicles at the top tab, which then takes you to NHTSA and put in your vin number. That is the official gov. site for recalls. As far as I know, they are up to date on their lists.

Or

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

And put in your vin.
dc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
[email protected]
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing