Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2016 Foreman now about 3 months, after a few multi day trips I keep thinking I need a rear view mirror. Really don't want bar ends or the clamp on rack type as they would probably not last long in the trees and brush. Anybody have other choices or come up with a custom fitting one that doesn't stick out? Not much room to mount on bars. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Don't want to mount to the rack, and also not to the bars...Levitate it?

For plowing, I just mount an oversized one to the rack. And remove it for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I GUESS you could use one that is made to mount to bar or ??
and mount it on the front fender facing back, that way would be a little protected from things
other than that, a back up cam like Mac said
but minus rack and bars, there isn;t anything left to mount it too?? no>

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
There is some that mount to a glove, on the back of your hand. Other than that, maybe a rear view camera and screen on the bars idk?
Reversing camera setup is a cracking idea, great suggestion there Mac.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
rear view mirror on a atv ?..haha..when I ride my atv ?, all I care about is what is in front of me, not behind me !. ( unless I am backing up of course ).

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
rear view mirror on a atv ?..haha..when I ride my atv ?, all I care about is what is in front of me, not behind me !. ( unless I am backing up of course ).
since I ride alone most times I sort of feel the same way
but,. after having been rear ended a few times when riding with folks that don't know any better, or when taking new guys out and having to keep an eye on them,
a mirror does have its days its worth having!
as many trails I do ride, others ride too, and many ride FAST, compared to em when I am on my atv, so knowing there coming up fast and about to pass, is good info to have, as again some folks that ride are moron's and will try and pass in places they shouldn;'t be,
or just like to tale gate till you KNOW there behind you and pull over for them

all comes down to where and how you ride I think on mirrors being a plus or a pain!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've had my 2016 Foreman now about 3 months, after a few multi day trips I keep thinking I need a rear view mirror. Really don't want bar ends or the clamp on rack type as they would probably not last long in the trees and brush. Anybody have other choices or come up with a custom fitting one that doesn't stick out? Not much room to mount on bars. Thanks.
This is what I use. Mount it to the front rack. I love it. The video is mine too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I was hoping someone had come up with something custom, I guess not. I have a ram mount for my old GPS on my bars so going to buy a double take mirror and use it I guess.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Obviously, most guys riding Honda's only have to worry about whats ahead of them :big-grin
Your spot on there! The only time we see or pass CanAms is when there broken down! :laugh: Quite a common sight in the USA and Canada I hear? :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Thanks guys, I was hoping someone had come up with something custom, I guess not. I have a ram mount for my old GPS on my bars so going to buy a double take mirror and use it I guess.
Take into consideration that mounting on the bars will only allow you to see behind when your heading in a straight line, it works on a motorbike as you lean to turn, on an ATV.... I think you may end up moving the mirror to the front carrier after a few trails. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
Rear view mirror could work for me , when the parade stops short , first thing I do is look back to make sure I don't get pee-yad'ed by the person behind me who don't have brakes

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I've seen a helmet mounted mirror a few times... guys that use them say they work pretty good. Dunno where to buy them though... or what company even sells them? They are tiny, maybe an inch to inch and a half in diameter with a short stalk that mounts on the helmet with double-sided sticky tape.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Thanks Sam! That's a slick setup right there, never really thought about a rear veiw till i saw that! Knocked that one right out of the park!

Reactions: SamUK

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Obviously, most guys riding Honda's only have to worry about whats ahead of them :big-grin
Your spot on there! The only time we see or pass CanAms is when there broken down! :laugh: Quite a common sight in the USA and Canada I hear? :laugh:
Technically it's never left me stranded lol

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
BUG Eye's mirrors
I bet after wearing them a few hours, you end up having Bug Eyes
they would drive me crazy, my peripheral vision would be going nuts on me with them that close to my eye's LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts