Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the rear u-joint that connects the motor to the driveshaft has to face a certain way? It's a 99 fourtrax 300 and does not have the stopper ring in it?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
the u-joint itself can go on the drive shaft either direction at the output end of the motor. the differential end of the drive shaft has a spring inside the cup, it goes in the differential. most u-joints won't come off the drive shaft, but every once in a while I see they come off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the u-joint itself can go on the drive shaft either direction at the output end of the motor. the differential end of the drive shaft has a spring inside the cup, it goes in the differential. most u-joints won't come off the drive shaft, but every once in a while I see they come off.
Mine came off....

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Mine came off....
slide it back on the output shaft, and make sure the spring is in the cup end that goes in the differential ?. this is what keeps pressure on the output shaft and u-joint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts