Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all this is my first post and I have a 1996 honda trx300 and I'm not planning on fixing the rear breaks just getting rid of them because they are seized and I don't want to deal with them but the two nuts on the axle are refusing to come off and I need this ready in a week so HELP

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
one large pipe wrench, and maybe a cheater pipe is all you need to break those nuts loose.

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
Oh I've tried I had 6 ft of leverage
you have not tried hard enough , unless some dummy welded them to the axle ??. put the pipe wrench on the outer nut, take a pry bar, wedge it in between the hub studs to keep the axle from turning, then get-r-done !.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have not tried hard enough , unless some dummy welded them to the axle ??. put the pipe wrench on the outer nut, take a pry bar, wedge it in between the hub studs to keep the axle from turning, then get-r-done !.
Oh trust me I tried I was jumping on the bar

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
Oh trust me I tried I was jumping on the bar
and your going backwards towards the rear end when working with pipe wrench...right ?. i have not ran across a axle nut yet that has beat me ?, and ive been doing this 28 yrs !.

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
if all else fails, take a bottle of mapp gas, heat that nut up as hot as you can, then use the pipe wrench and cheater pipe, i bet it will break loose then !. DONT BURN YOURSELF !

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
are you even on the right rear side ????...lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,075 Posts
i deleted your other thread, plz dont post more than one thread on same topic, it wont get you any help faster, ty !.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts