Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all this is my first post and I have a 1996 honda trx300 and I'm not planning on fixing the rear breaks just getting rid of them because they are seized and I don't want to deal with them but the two nuts on the axle are refusing to come off and I need this ready in a week so HELP

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
one large pipe wrench, and maybe a cheater pipe is all you need to break those nuts loose.

Reactions: YoumakeitIbreakit

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Oh I've tried I had 6 ft of leverage
you have not tried hard enough , unless some dummy welded them to the axle ??. put the pipe wrench on the outer nut, take a pry bar, wedge it in between the hub studs to keep the axle from turning, then get-r-done !.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have not tried hard enough , unless some dummy welded them to the axle ??. put the pipe wrench on the outer nut, take a pry bar, wedge it in between the hub studs to keep the axle from turning, then get-r-done !.
Oh trust me I tried I was jumping on the bar

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Oh trust me I tried I was jumping on the bar
and your going backwards towards the rear end when working with pipe wrench...right ?. i have not ran across a axle nut yet that has beat me ?, and ive been doing this 28 yrs !.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
if all else fails, take a bottle of mapp gas, heat that nut up as hot as you can, then use the pipe wrench and cheater pipe, i bet it will break loose then !. DONT BURN YOURSELF !

Reactions: Goober

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
I did that this morning dang thing
still wouldn't turn
well, either your not strong enough ?, or its welded to the axle ?, or..you did not get it hot enough ?.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
are you even on the right rear side ????...lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
i deleted your other thread, plz dont post more than one thread on same topic, it wont get you any help faster, ty !.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts