Honda ATV Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATV Click

I am having issues with mine too. I have a new battery and starter and the solenoid is good. when I push the start button I get a click and a low tone high pitch noise. I pulled the starter out of the bike and left it hooked up to the bike wiring and a ground, hit the start button and the starter spins fine but when I put it back in the bike I get nothing but a click. Every now and again I get it to turn over but not often.

·
Super Moderator
36,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I am having issues with mine too. I have a new battery and starter and the solenoid is good. when I push the start button I get a click and a low tone high pitch noise. I pulled the starter out of the bike and left it hooked up to the bike wiring and a ground, hit the start button and the starter spins fine but when I put it back in the bike I get nothing but a click. Every now and again I get it to turn over but not often.
and this is in...…..what ?????????.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
it is hard to reply without the year, model, and such. give it another try. this is the place to go for honda atv problems, and other problems atv. :smile

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
I would suspect the starter won’t turn under load. Most likely This could be that the starter is weak and in need of rebuild or replacement. However a smaller chance there’s binding in the starter gears or in rotating the engine. Understand knowing the quad specs can be helpful in diagnostics

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 times now my 15 Rancher has cranked and runs fine, after several miles of riding kill it and it just won’t start again. Someone pulls me back to camp and after it cools down it will crank again. I will use this post to see if I can track the problem down

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Do you have service manual?
Do you have a recoil starter?
Need to do diagnostics—

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
2 times now my 15 Rancher has cranked and runs fine, after several miles of riding kill it and it just won’t start again. Someone pulls me back to camp and after it cools down it will crank again. I will use this post to see if I can track the problem down
where did ya put your post the first time? usually it takes only one post, in the right forum. not trying to badger ya, lord knows i will get some, badgering, for one of my post soon. those here are friendly. you should stick with your own post.
maybe repair, and maintenance. for example. that way your problem is concentrated on.
i think it relates to the starter, or

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
@Voltron : with a name like that, i have to think, you understand how to read a voltmeter, or something similar.. i ask, so i might not ask dumb questions, of you, when ya post.. sad thing is, my memory is wayward anyway, so i might just ask a dumb question anyway.. //ed

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
sorry, i wasnt very clear. i got major brain fog.. i wasnt referring to this post, just that when and if ya post something, i dont want to be the one, that ask you if you know how to read a voltmeter. :) i was trying to save myself, from another duh., moment.. :D
"maybe repair, and maintenance. for example."
i posted that, now looking back on it, if im not mistaken, this is repair and maintenance.. just ''dazed and confused''..
if i didnt say so before.. welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1986 Honda Fourtrax 300. Starter was out so I was using the kick start for a while. I finally bought a new starter and replaced it, now it won't start even with the kick start. Starter spins but never starts bike up. I went back to kick start and still can't get the bike to start. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
is the starter from china, comes to mind.. check fuse's.. if you go OEM, you are better off, and will save money.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts