Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for the add.....I have a 2012 420 rancher es with 1600 miles on it . When it runs for a bit and gets warm, shifting from neutral to any gear results in a blinking dash mark on the speedo, and shifting doesnt happen......never happens when its cold, however, it does shift into gear with a jerk. And general shifting does seem rougher.....this machine is a one owner since new, and rarely leaves the land I live on. Any suggestions? this problem just started up after I chnged the oil. always ran Amzoil 0-40, but used amzoil 10-40 this time......dont know if that is relevant?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a couple of things it can be
1. The idle is to high to shift especially if it jumps forward-lower idle a little

2. Going to a different oil can mess depending on how bad the oil was and how long it ran with bad oil in it but I don’t know that much about oil difference I don’t really pay a whole lot of attention to it I run the same oil in most my stuff tho

3. The drive shaft output bearing could be bad but I highly doubt that but you never know

1 - 2 of 2 Posts