Honda ATV Forum banner

Rancher or Fourtrax

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  retro 
#1 ·
Like the title say what is the difference... i just like to know were to comment in which thread...
this what i own 2013 TRX420PG fourtrax AT Canadian Trail Edition with GPS and power steering and switchable auto or ESP...and 2WD 4WD
So is it still consider a rancher..thank in advance..

#4 ·
I don't beleive it did, the foreman is available in IRS. Some of the newer models maybe IRS as I'm pretty sure the rancher now uses the same or very similar frame as the foreman.
In the UK the 420 is known as TRX420 Rancher.

#6 ·
Basically regardless of the name on the side of it your model codes will typically be the same in the US and Canada. A TRX420FE is the same US vs. Canada, except for the stickers and reflectors on the racks. Unfortunately the exception is with your machine being a CTE and because the GPScape was never offered on the 420 in the US. That being the major difference the closest model in the US would be the TRX420FPA. The difference between the TRX420FPA and FPG being the GPSCape and maybe some other very minor things being yours is a CTE, but as far as fitment of parts or interchangeability there would be no issues there. I'm not even sure what the difference was with the 420 CTE, I know the Rubicon CTE had different shocks on it as well at the GPS, but I really don't remember anything about the Fourtrax CTE that stood out.

#7 ·
Link to rear disc brake repair

Now that I know what the we have between the 2 any body have any links on how to change or inspect the rear brakes...
It just seems so tight to get at the bolts.......
I'm due for new pads front and rear..
The fronts semm pretty simple to change ...It to get at the rear brakes I'm scratching my head..
I google but couldn't find nothing...
Any body have any links on how to replace and inspect the rear disc brakes..
And they are not drum brakes
It's IRS... 2013

#9 ·
yup it's a single disc brake.....
I found that manual thread on here,but it looks to be broken link and it won't let me DL..
So maybe if i google Rubicon brake replace or remove i might be able to find something...
All i see is rear drum brake repair or remove when i google it..
At least i know the Rubicon has the same set up now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.