Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When did they start putting hour meters on Ranchers? I found a used 2013 manual shift 4x4 without an hour meter, I thought all the newer Ranchers had hour meters?

Another question, wasn't it 2007 when the Ranchers started being selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive on the 4x4's?

I didn't think to ask earlier, but what would be considered a lot of hours for a Rancher? Same for miles, what is a lot of miles for a Rancher?

·
Super Moderator
38,142 Posts
not sure on the years for 2007 ?. but the manual shift ranchers..most of them did not come with the meters..unless they are electric shift ?.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When did they start putting hour meters on Ranchers? I found a used 2013 manual shift 4x4 without an hour meter, I thought all the newer Ranchers had hour meters?

Another question, wasn't it 2007 when the Ranchers started being selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive on the 4x4's?
Believe the 2004 Rancher TRX400AT was the first auto transmission offered on the Rancher line (400 cc engine only). This model was from 2004 thru 2007. 4-2-4 drive selection was also first offered on this these models. The 2008 model was revised to the more familiar Rancher 450.

Ranchers sold in the UCS with foot shifts do not included hour meters. Electric shift or auto transmission included a LED display that has included an hour meter.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I didn't think to ask earlier, but what would be considered a lot of hours for a Rancher? Same for miles, what is a lot of miles for a Rancher?
I bought an 04 rancher 400at today & it has the selector & it works for 2 - 4 wd & has an hr meter

·
Registered
279 Posts
My 08 manual shift Rancher had no hour meter. I installed one for oil change purposes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts