Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Looking at a new ride. Currently have a Big Bears IRS and I bought it for the IRS. Have had several neck fusions and looking for a good ride. 95% use is deer hunting. Looking at the 4trax Rancher. Main reason for buying is for the electric steering. So any input good or bad is appreciated.

One of the big questions I have is the IRS that much better than the standard straight axel in the rear. Any issues with the automatic shift? Any problems with the power steering. thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't have a rancher but do have a 08 Honda foreman electric shift and power steering and have not had any problem's ! The power steering make's a big difference!

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
I agree with tom I have seen several post about problems with ES. Look through some of the post that people have made concerning their atvs on this mater.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an 07 420 with es and had no problems for 2 years, but had to resently replace shifter motor and shifter gear. Hundred bucks for the parts and about 15 min to replace. I do a lot of mud riding and creek riding. As far as the ride it is a good ride, but for a little extra money the Rincon is a far better ride. It does not have as much power as some of the other atvs, but it has very little if any body roll.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ES and AT honda trans seem to be problematic. I have heard alot of issues with them. Keeps the service dept in business
You also got to take into consideration of whether the owner ran the piss out of it or took care of it. makes a major difference. i myself have had problems with an angle sensor, but the previous owner went mud bogging with it. I dont mud any of my fourwheelers, and geuss what? No problems at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts