Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Neighbor bought a 2018 rancher 420 four wheeler..4x4..foot shift.
His lifestyle changes.. moved to the city.
Left his 4wheeler with us..
Said keep it as long as you like..
We already have a 2005 350 rancher with ES.
It's fifteen years old. All we've EVER done to it it would filters. Two tires. One battery.
Best ATV ever made. We absolutely love it.
Now here we are with this brand new rancher..
And we avoid it like the plague...
Man we hate that foot shifter !! Help !!
How do we get rid of it ?
Anything ? Obviously we can't trade it off...
We're (the wife and I) are 60s.. and we are having a really hard time with the foot shifter.
I'm thinking of trying a rope? And yank up on it.. ?

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
you could try giving it away...i'll take it off your hands !.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll just clamp a rod or something on the gear shift lever..
Make it into a hand shift.
How or why ? Would Honda build something so difficult to use.. what was wrong with ES?
Any helpful suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
I think I'll just clamp a rod or something on the gear shift lever..
Make it into a hand shift.
How or why ? Would Honda build something so difficult to use.. what was wrong with ES?
Any helpful suggestions?
haha..and your one in a million that likes es models !!..rofl. manual shift does not have no where near the troubles es models do !!!. me thinks your blowing smoke at us ?, most of us KNOW BETTER THAN TO OWN A ES MODEL !..LOL.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
like i said, if ya hate it that bad ?, give the dang thing to me !, i'll put it to great use !!!. ( and for the recorded..i'm 56, disabled, AND I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH MANAUL SHIFTS !! ).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha..and your one in a million that likes es models !!..rofl. manual shift does not have no where near the troubles es models do !!!. me thinks your blowing smoke at us ?, most of us KNOW BETTER THAN TO OWN A ES MODEL !..LOL.
Say what ?
After 15 years with my 350 rancher.. and no problems.
Then get on a foot shift model.. sorry dude. Your totally wrong. ES all the way for me.
Some of us ain't young anymore.. and the foot shift is difficult to operate.
Wife says the same. Millions more ES models have been sold than the foot shifts.
Simply because it's more user friendly.
like i said, if ya hate it that bad ?, give the dang thing to me !, i'll put it to great use !!!. ( and for the recorded..i'm 56, disabled, AND I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH MANAUL SHIFTS !! ).
Then ? If you have no issue with the foot shift.. fine. Everyone is happy for you.
Good deal.
Great ! ?
I think you should keep the your foot shift.
Sorry..
Just sick of people saying the foot shift is better.. no it's not.
Not for alot of people.
Just wanting to enjoy a ride. Without fighting with the shifting.
Anything wrong with that ?

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
Say what ?
After 15 years with my 350 rancher.. and no problems.
Then get on a foot shift model.. sorry dude. Your totally wrong. ES all the way for me.
Some of us ain't young anymore.. and the foot shift is difficult to operate.
Wife says the same. Millions more ES models have been sold than the foot shifts.
Simply because it's more user friendly.

Then ? If you have no issue with the foot shift.. fine. Everyone is happy for you.
Good deal.
Great ! ?
I think you should keep the your foot shift.
Sorry..
Just sick of people saying the foot shift is better.. no it's not.
Not for alot of people.
Just wanting to enjoy a ride. Without fighting with the shifting.
Anything wrong with that ?
good 4 u !, glad ya like it, 10 million smart ppl say otherwise, but hey..if your happy with it ?, ride on !.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
answer me this, then i wont say anything else, if es models are so dang great ?, THEN WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS FOR SALE ON CL'S ????????. nuff said, enjoy your es, when it has es troubles ?, i'll be the first to say i told ya so !..lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
answer me this, then i wont say anything else, if es models are so dang great ?, THEN WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS FOR SALE ON CL'S ????????. nuff said, enjoy your es, when it has es troubles ?, i'll be the first to say i told ya so !..lol.

Your not helping with my issue.
I didn't want to get in a pissing contest with you
Why are they always on sale? Maybe because there's five times as many out there?
Listen, enjoy your bike.
Have fun with the foot shifter.. but when your health.. ( and I sincerely hope it doesn't )
Getting older sucks. You do what you have to do. I just happen to like the ES , it's much more comfortable for the wife and I to ride.
......edit.....
By the way. Found on another site.. several people have rods they attached to the foot shifter.. made into a hand shifter.
Going to definitely try that !
Cheers!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you were close, I'd be tempted to trade my 2017 ES for your foot shift. I've ridden motorcycles consistently the last 35 years and nearly every time I get on the Rancher, I miss the first shift cause I'm trying to do it with my foot. 🤬

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish someone would fabricate a heel shift lever for it. Just got a 2020 420 and it's a pita to get a boot toe under

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts