Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I have a Green 2014 Honda Rancher 420, and I want to make it black.

After looking through this forum, (and I called the honda dealer, too) ... it looks like 2017 and 2008 are the years where they made a BLACK 420.

I am pretty sure that the 2017 is TOTALLY different plastics then my 2014, but I don't know about the 2008. Would the 2008 plastics fit my 2014? The Honda guys said the part numbers were different so he wasn't sure.

From my (shaky) recollection, I am PRETTY sure 2009-2016 are the same, but I don't know if a 2008 is in that category or not.

Here's a related color thread http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...you-want-change-plastic-your-420-rancher.html, which lists the 08 part numbers for black ...

But I just want to make SURE before I buy them that they actually will fit my 14 before I spend $400 bucks on it.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I don't know if they will fit or not ?, I normally don't own new stuff ?..lol. but, do a side by side comparison, and see if the plastics have all the same push pin and bolt holes lining up ?. don't waste 400 bucks..lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if they will fit or not ?, I normally don't own new stuff ?..lol. but, do a side by side comparison, and see if the plastics have all the same push pin and bolt holes lining up ?. don't waste 400 bucks..lol.
I wish I had the luxury of doing a side by side comparison ... but nobody keeps this stuff in stock, it's all online buys.

Which is exactly why I am asking here.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I wish I had the luxury of doing a side by side comparison ... but nobody keeps this stuff in stock, it's all online buys.

Which is exactly why I am asking here.
lol, i meant, pull up both fich's, and look at each fender, and see if they match any ?. you can get a good idea by the design of the plastics this way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Unless it's a 2014 420AT (with IRS) then no.
07-13 were same on all the rest.
Thansk for the note! It's a 2014 4x4 AT EPS TRX 420 FPA -- It has IRS
(pulled that right from the manufacturer's certificate)

If I am understanding you right, you're saying that since it IS an AT with IRS, the parts in the pic below from an 08 should fit???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/dcfox/Rancher-420/black_zpsc72b2617.jpg
if I read his response right ?, no..they will not swap out. he said your year/make/model to the tee ^^, if I am understanding jeeps answer ?, they won't fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if I read his response right ?, no..they will not swap out. he said your year/make/model to the tee ^^, if I am understanding jeeps answer ?, they won't fit.
Jeepwm69 can you clarify?

The way I read your response, the 14 AT Model is the only 14 that WILL fit an 08, but it is a bit unclear, depending on how you read it.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Jeepwm69 can you clarify?

The way I read your response, the 14 AT Model is the only 14 that WILL fit an 08, but it is a bit unclear, depending on how you read it.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!
I think he fell asleep ??.lmfaooo.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
yes, in 2014 the IRS rancher 420 still had the old body style.

the fenders will fit. BTW, buy from partzilla.com they are the cheapest on the net. your looking at $275 for the front and rear fender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes, in 2014 the IRS rancher 420 still had the old body style.

the fenders will fit. BTW, buy from partzilla.com they are the cheapest on the net. your looking at $275 for the front and rear fender.

Thanks for the Partzilla Tip! I appreciate it.

What year did the body style change from the 2008 model?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The plastics are the same as my 2013 Ranchers, so anything from '07 to '13 were the same as far as I know. They made the change in the 2nd half of '14 to the more square look, but as near as I can tell those look to be the same as the plastics from '07-'13. Nice looking machines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks ALL!!! ... So glad to have joined this forum ;)

For some reason I was thinking that 07-08 Ranchers were a bit different then 09-14, but it sounds like that is not the case.

I'll post pics up when I get the new ones!

If anyone wants to buy CLEAN Green Plastics from a 14, let me know!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts