Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I was wanting to know if I put 27x10x12 silver backs on my rancher with no gear reduction will it turn them fine with no struggle the 27s weight is 30lbs each and weighs 20lbs more than my 26 mudlites I have on there now and that's the amount more taking account for all 4 tires. The current tire weight is 97.6lbs and the silver backs are 120lbs will it cause a problem turning them going that heavy on stock gearing.

·
Registered
749 Posts
You will defiantly notice a loss in power. It will struggle in anything but watery stuff. I'd reccomend zillas or mudbugs

Reactions: Jeepwm69

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked at some other tires and found the interco interforce how good do they perform in the mud I really haven't heard about them but they weigh 26lbs a pic and that's very close to what I have now. They are based on the tractor tires like bit and figured I would ask if they were any good. Thanks for getting back to me.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Yep. You will turn them, and it will be a dog doing so. 27's are about max for a stock 420, and something heavy like Backs or Outlaws will suck the power right out of the machine.

If you're set on those tires, do a gear reduction. If you don't want to do a GR, get Mudbugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the interforces are good and my 420 won't struggle to turn them? Also I looked at the mudbugs and was wanting to know how they perform in thick mud. And the outlaws and silverbacks aren't a must I'm just looking for a good mud tire that will work great in deep mud and the interco interforces and the zillas seem like they do the job.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
No experience with interforce.

I have 26" bugs on the wife's 420AT with SRA gears, and wish I'd gotten 27's. I have 27's on one of my Foremans and love them. Pull good in the mud, lightweight, ride great on the trails. I've run a lot of tires and the Bugs are easily my favorite.

If you're gonna be in mud get wides on the rear. All skinnys the front digs a trench and then the rears don't have anything to bite on and you end up sitting on your skidplates.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm running vampires on mine. I love them. Almost went with mud bugs, but everything I read pretty much said vampires were better in most aspects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts