Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Rancher 350 ,HMF ,bored out to the Max limit,carb jetted up . Ran great for about a month. Now starts cutting out at half throttle. Sounds like a rev limiter.
Also, it won't hold back in any gear when you let off the throttle going down hill or any time. It just recently started doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to the max!

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
You have to give us more to go on than this. What is your compression in psi with the throttle held wide open?

Does it run better if you give it some choke at the "rev limiter"?

Have you tried a new spark plug?

Have you checked the valve clearance and engine timing?

This could also be a CDI problem.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No change with choke at cut out. New spark plug in. New choke valve in as well.
Have gone through carb several times meticulously. No improvement!
I will have to check valve clearances and compression as you suggest and get back.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
make sure your choke valve is seating all the way, and make sure you dont have a hole in your diaphragm and the slide moves up and down correctly. if its still acting up check your slide needle and make sure the needle seat (in the carb throat) is not worn oblong, this will make it run rich causing similar symptoms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a rancher 350. Was running good. Took off plastic, changed starter, pull start. Now it cranks and idols fine but won't rev past 4 or 5k rpms. It acts like a rev limiter. Changed plug, cleaned carb. No change. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts