Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed new wheel bearings in the front of my 08 Foreman, I installed sealed bearing made by Pivot Works. The first went smooth but when i was tapping in the second bearing one of the inner race's dropped "it has two butted up against one another". Bearing were still in tact and I just picked up and placed in back then finished the installation. Now I am second guessing if I should have installed that bearing or should I go ahead and swap out this new bearing.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Oh yeah I know, not my first rodeo lol. They can pop out it's not a big deal. Sometimes there isn't a ton of grease in them from the factory. I usually pop the seals off and pack them full, then replace the seals. The grease and seal seems to hold that inside race fairly well but I guess if your smacking it in the knuckle it might pop out. Typically I will leave the bearing in the freezer overnight and heat up the knuckle with a torch. Usually falls right into place. So yeah, run it, worst case scenario is the bearing fails prematurely and you have to replace the thing anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts