Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i just learned (reminded) that i'm going to have some problems with my four wheelers running right in the higher altitudes. didn't think of this till just now and we leave tomorrow morning.....
so, i'm reading a bit on this. since it is a only a three day trip, you think i could get by without rejetting?

elevation where i'm located is 755ft. we are going to colorado at elevation 8208ft (cabin base).

I have two different four wheelers; a 2006 250recon ES, and a borrowed trx450fe2 (not sure yr). of course neither is fuel injected.

never planned on taking four wheelers, but broke foot over the weekend and have to have way to get around up there.

any little information you could give me would be helpfull.

you think i could just pull off the lid to the air filter box for this one trip?

·
Registered
535 Posts
It'll just run a little rich...and it won't be a big problem...just a bit down on power. You won't hurt anything though...and may not even notice. Removal of the air filter lid wouldn't hurt anything either as long as the filter is intact and sealed properly...make sure you don't get any water in the airbox though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the response green! I'll just run the way it is. I was just very worried that I would get up there with my family and be stuck in the cabin and not able to take the fAmily fishing. We'd lose alot of money to cancel at this point.

·
Registered
535 Posts
No problem...you'll be fine. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I live in Colorado, I have taken quads with stock jetting(sea level) up to 12,000+ feet. You will have some power loss but that's all. It is easy to adjust for altitude if you want to. All you have to do is change the main jet. Go down 1 size for every 1,000ft you go up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts