Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew yall rebuilt complete engines, but just noticed you do a top end service as well.

Do you sleeve cylinders that are already bored out to the max or ???. I have one that was .75 over and a wrist pin clip popped out, scored the cylinder pretty badly, so I don't know that a 1.00 will work once the cylinder is smoothed up.

If you get a cylinder that cannot be bored do you simply ship it back, do you sleeve it (cost?), or do you add on a core charge?

I've also got an old 350D that was dropped off that needs a top end as well, but the owner left the cylinder off for quite a while and it has a nice coating of rust in the cylinder. Not sure if it can be bored either (depends on how much cylinder wall would have to be removed to get it cleaned up again).

·
Official Site Vendor
194 Posts
Jeepwm69, We do sleeve the cylinder if the cylinder has already been bored to the max. There is additional cost. The cost varies due to style of cylinder. We will call you once we receive your cylinder and let you know what the total cost will be before we perform any machine work.

Rust is no big deal as long as the cylinder hasn't been bored to the max.

If you have any questions just let us know. Feel free to give us a phone call at 812-402-8282. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would would a sleeve run on an 06 Foreman 500FM cylinder? A new OEM cylinder is only about $210 so I doubt sleeving would be cost effective, but figured I'd ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts