Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that for the recons, the recoil starter is an option, and one I wanted. The dealer I bought it from is quite a drive from me so he ordered and shipped to me along with instructions. Looks easy enough BUT....I have a bolt removal question. This looks easy enough with with only 6 steps and minimal wrenching. Step 4 says to remove the ACG Boss bolt, as in the attached image. Once it's out, the recoil pulley gets bolted here. When I put a wrench to this, it doesn't loosen but instead turns over the crank. Any special trick to this? I even tried a lower power 18v impact driver and it still wants to turn the crank over. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Road surface Twig Font Map Plant

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Fluid

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
690 Posts
Put it in gear and the crank wont turn.
Not 100% sure if you need first or reverse tho, try first if the motor still turns over use reverse. The way the clutch works the motor will spin in one direction but not the other when not running and in gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put it in gear and the crank wont turn.
Not 100% sure if you need first or reverse tho, try first if the motor still turns over use reverse. The way the clutch works the motor will spin in one direction but not the other when not running and in gear.
I tried that but not with reverse. I'll give it a go again later when it cools down a bit outside and I'm not sitting in an unshaded driveway in this Arkansas heat. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts