Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 09 manual shift honda rancher 420 4x4 and i noticed the other day while riding when you turn really hard to the right or drive in circles cutting it really hard to the right only there is a grinding noise coming from the rear end. has anyone else experienced this noise?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hello and welcome, I wouldn't ride it if it's grinding real bad. My guess would be the pinion gear but could be a u-joint?........Anybody else care to throw their dollar in cause I have no cents........lol

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Hello and welcome, I wouldn't ride it if it's grinding real bad. My guess would be the pinion gear but could be a u-joint?........Anybody else care to throw their dollar in cause I have no cents........lol
Without being able to look at it, I would say you are guessing pretty close, Submarine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea mine has low hours too, i am on my 5th tank of gas, the thing is i know if i take it to the dealer they will be like well "i dont hear any noise or grinding so we could not do anything". thats why i was hoping to figure it out on my own but its really hard to pinpoint. Maybe i will just ride it to it breaks and take it in on warranty. any other suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yea mine has low hours too, i am on my 5th tank of gas, the thing is i know if i take it to the dealer they will be like well "i dont hear any noise or grinding so we could not do anything". thats why i was hoping to figure it out on my own but its really hard to pinpoint. Maybe i will just ride it to it breaks and take it in on warranty. any other suggestions would be helpful.
Well the only thing about riding it till it breaks is that it will most likley tear something else up and there you are without a quad for awhile. I would go ahead and take it in if it's under warranty and let them take a look at it. If they say they can't tell you what it is then I would ride it till it breaks or it really starts making loud noise. Just make sure you get it in before the warranty expires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts