Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the problem im having is that the crf carb it has to be wired in can any one help me thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Wired in??? please explain...are you speaking about a throttle position sensor?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alls i know it has a wire coming off it and ya that could be it i just wanted to know if i put this on and wire it in willit still work

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
That wire is probably for the electric choke.I know the 450r's have them and some others.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe i will just go with a 400ex carb
just will be easyer

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Do you have the crf carb?I've never even heard of putting it on a 300ex or a 250x(same carb).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i do just trying to figer it out but im going to do a 400 ex carb

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok guys the wires coming off of the FCR is not for an electric choke, and yes it is for TPS. This wire does not need to be plugged in. If its not plugged in to the bikes harness it will set the timing to the most advanced setting curve for the bike. It will not harm the bike any to not have this plug in. Only thing it will affect and you will not even notice, is that it will have too much advanced timing in the lower rpms. I just got my nephews 400ex to my shop and will start investigating the carb swap to a FCR as well, so if your patient I will post my findings on a new thread with dyno results, and will figure out if the wiring can be hooked up.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Quite possible I would be interested in the CRF cab if your not going to use it. PM me if you want to part with it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ok guys the wires coming off of the FCR is not for an electric choke, and yes it is for TPS. This wire does not need to be plugged in. If its not plugged in to the bikes harness it will set the timing to the most advanced setting curve for the bike. It will not harm the bike any to not have this plug in. Only thing it will affect and you will not even notice, is that it will have too much advanced timing in the lower rpms. I just got my nephews 400ex to my shop and will start investigating the carb swap to a FCR as well, so if your patient I will post my findings on a new thread with dyno results, and will figure out if the wiring can be hooked up.
How will it advance the timing if it's not wired to anything?Or do you mean the fuel timing only.Cause your not making any cents to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How will it advance the timing if it's not wired to anything?Or do you mean the fuel timing only.Cause your not making any cents to me.
I'm not sure if the 250, 300, or 400 atv's use this wire or not? On the 450Rs This wire tells the motor or cdi box where the position of the throttle is and then they determine how much timing it needs. If the wire is not hooked up then the bike or cdi box has a default that automatically puts the timing to full advance. There is no electronics on this type of carb other than just the TPS which I just explained to you. Hope this helps you to understand.:icon_ lala:

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
the 250,300 nor the 400ex use the wire so just putting on the carb. and tying up the loose wire would be fine. yo may have to jet it to your quad for optimum performance though.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ok.Your right moose.I didn't quite understand him at first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts