Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I'm looking to put 400ex Arms upper and lower on my 300ex just wondering how much problem it is to puting them on my bike is a 2001 and what year do i need to us the 400ex arms

:rating10:

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I believe that the kid, 300EX powered by monster has 400ex arms on his 300ex. As far as I know Honda hasn't changed the geometry at all on the 400ex.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
The arms will make your quad wider a little in the front if you use the stock 300 shocks the geometric angle of them will be different I'm sure and you will me sitting lower. i'm putting 400ex arms on my 250X later on but I am buying the shock conversion kit from Diamond J Customs so I can add the 450R shocks for a better ride. you may also have to remove the bracket that holds the brake line in place to account for the width.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You may also need longer brake lines. I don't know but maybe.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
True... but i think I read on Dimond J's site that you can either buy the extended lines or just simply remove the bracket so they won't bind up.

You may also need longer brake lines. I don't know but maybe.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Right on. When I put my +2 stem on, I almost ran out of brake line. My bars are kicked forward a tad bit more than I prefer, but I think I'm getting some Flex Bars that have a lower rise.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I got some nice low rise bars on my quad and wide too!! HINT HINT!!lol I want to get something a little taller.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
i have no problem sending you my pro taper contours when i get my Flex bars. I also have some risers I will send you. They setup your bars as if you have a +1 stem. You pay shipping.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Cool Deal!! just find out what the shipping cost will be PM me and i will gladly cover it. Thanks bro

i have no problem sending you my pro taper contours when i get my Flex bars. I also have some risers I will send you. They setup your bars as if you have a +1 stem. You pay shipping.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
if u put the 400ex a ams on and use 300ex shocks u sit about as low as red in the front and i rilly bad need skid plates for 400ex a-arms cuz mine are getting beat up from rocks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also i was wondering do i have to change my tie rods to or will mine still work

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
urs should still work

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good thanks im on the phone now ordering a set for mine now on a 400ex are the bushing change able i know the 300exs arent

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
If you are putting on longer a arms, that means your hubs are further out. You very well may need longer tie rods.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i think i used my 300 s

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
u should just to be safe but try ur 300ex tie rods first tho

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The 400EX is 2" wider than the 300EX. So you are looking at +1" on each A-arm. They might fit but you won't have much thread availabe for adjustments. I would play it safe and buy the correct ones.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Agree^^^^^ Where are you buying from? if you go to Ebay and do a store search for GDH Racing this guy has all grades of quality Honda ATV parts anything you need if you don't see it shoot him a message he will respond promptly. He also has great prices.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
The arms will make your quad wider a little in the front if you use the stock 300 shocks the geometric angle of them will be different I'm sure and you will me sitting lower. i'm putting 400ex arms on my 250X later on but I am buying the shock conversion kit from Diamond J Customs so I can add the 450R shocks for a better ride. you may also have to remove the bracket that holds the brake line in place to account for the width.
Agree wuth Moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts