Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
IThe new models the seat comes of like a 450r. The older models the seat and rear fenders come off together.
Yea man, definitely try to get a brand new 2007 or even if they have 06's? It's brand new and there's really not a thing different from the 09's besides plastics and something about the seat? Maybe a few other small differences but buying on 07 brand new is the way to go. I can also 2nd that about the 450r's being RPM hungry...I had an 05 TRX 450r and I liked it and all but it was always lugging even in 1st with a 13 tooth sprocket. I'm glad I made the change to a 400ex.

·
Registered
347 Posts
YUPP YUPP!!! the reverse could pull a little better, but thats my only complaint. and if you ride it on trails alot, i would suggest armor to protect the uderneath cuz the oil lines and everything are down there, and the armor that Honda has is just plastic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009trx

Was thinking about some other model myself,but since all of ya seem to be soo convinced that THIS is one of the best...have to reconsider the idea:)

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Was thinking about some other model myself,but since all of ya seem to be soo convinced that THIS is one of the best...have to reconsider the idea:)
What kind of machine are you looking for? If you are a racer then you would probably want to go to a 450. Casual trail rider who likes to go fast every now and then... get the 400EX.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Agree^^^^!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts