Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning New to thread thanks for having me ,Q how does the pull starter prawl go back together any help would be great john

·
Super Moderator
38,511 Posts
Morning New to thread thanks for having me ,Q how does the pull starter prawl go back together any help would be great john
what do you mean..how does it go back together?. its spring loaded if your having issues with this ?. if the rope broke ?, you must tie the rope through the plastic part, wind the rope the correct direction, then pre-load ( wind the spring the other way ), so it pulls the rope/handle back in. the plastic section has a notch cut out in the edge, once the rope is wound, leave enough room to put tension on rope in notch, set plastic part down in housing, rope in notch, wind plastic part a few times to get tension on spring/rope. once there is enough, straighten the rope out in front of housing hole on inside, pull slack out, presto. done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the rope done along with spring .its the location of the friction spring that active"s the ratchet , Q does it have a location on the friction plate .john

·
Super Moderator
38,511 Posts
I have the rope done along with spring .its the location of the friction spring that active"s the ratchet , Q does it have a location on the friction plate .john
ah..the spring that goes on the ratchet paw ?, it rest down over the round part in the plastic area, it hooks on one end of the paw, when you pull the rope, the spinning forces the ratchet paw out, and the spring draws it back inwards once the rope retracts. there should be ( ? ) a tiny hole right there where the longer part of the ratchet paw spring rest, faces down if I remember right ?, and the other end hooks on the ratchet paw.

Reactions: john R
1 - 5 of 5 Posts