Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've disassembled and reassembled my transmission and engine on my Fourtrax 300 4x4 1992 so that I could change all gaskets.

the engine starts but the green light indicating that I'm in neutral is lite with I'm actually in gear, therefore I cannot get to neutral or when in neutral the engine won't start. . Is it possible that the shif drum was not positioned correctly or is it the part located at the end of the shifting drum (reverse side) that is not postioned the right way ?

Or any other explanation or help would be appreciated.

Regard.

·
Super Moderator
38,142 Posts
Hi there,
I've disassembled and reassembled my transmission and engine on my Fourtrax 300 4x4 1992 so that I could change all gaskets.

the engine starts but the green light indicating that I'm in neutral is lite with I'm actually in gear, therefore I cannot get to neutral or when in neutral the engine won't start. . Is it possible that the shif drum was not positioned correctly or is it the part located at the end of the shifting drum (reverse side) that is not postioned the right way ?

Or any other explanation or help would be appreciated.

Regard.
yeah, most likely you did not install the parts onto the end of the shift drum correctly when you put it back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts