Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the 250a is running with no leaky carb, woohoo!!

Downside is the donor engine wants a top end build, MrsUK isn't going to use this very often so the piston really doesn't need to be of great quality but at the same time I don't want something that has an awful reputation!
Are Pro X an 'okay' brand?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361749856476

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah, they are a decent middle of the road brand. Not as good as OEM or Wiseco IMO, but decent for the mechanic on a budget. I think a good bore/hone job correctly matched to the piston makes a bigger difference than piston brand.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, that's just the answer I was looking for, I know wiseco or OEM are the way forward but as it will hardly be used and very rarely abused I don't see the point in spending to much. Thanks Rob.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
namura Is a good piston kit, not as good as wiseco, but to me, just as good if not better than oem Honda pistons. I use them in all my engine builds, they work great in my book.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
I like Shindy. They're made in Japan and are supposedly who makes Honda OEM. Either way I've found that Japanese made stuff usually tends to be better quality than stuff made anywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Shindy. They're made in Japan and are supposedly who makes Honda OEM. Either way I've found that Japanese made stuff usually tends to be better quality than stuff made anywhere else.
It's a cost vs quality happy medium I'm after ideally jeep, realistically mrsUK is only going to use the 250 3 or 4 times a year I'd say.
I had planned on selling it and replacing it with a 350d but after looking over it it's actually a very tidy ATV and I think is worth hanging on to. But as I say, because it will sit in the shed for possibly months at a time I'm a little reluctant to throw unnecessary money at it.
My 300 gets abuse so I always try to fit quality parts, especially the important parts etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts