Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to do new clutch springs and discs on the manual clutch, but to do that I have to get off the primary clutch. I got off the nut holding it on and the washer, and the darn thing won't come off. I tried pb blaster, torching it and even a crowbar (at a desperate attempt to get it off) I know theres a tool for it but it's $50 and it's not worth it if I'm only gonna use it once. Plus it almost costs more than the clutch pack itself. Any tips?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The nuts are staked, so use a small screw driver or something to unstake the nuts. Jam a penny or some SOFT metal into gears that connect the two clutches. I got mine off yesterday with just an battery impact driver. I believe the primary clutch is 87 lb/ft and the manual clutch is 80 lb/ft.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The nuts are staked, so use a small screw driver or something to unstake the nuts. Jam a penny or some SOFT metal into gears that connect the two clutches. I got mine off yesterday with just an battery impact driver. I believe the primary clutch is 87 lb/ft and the manual clutch is 80 lb/ft.
Which nut are you talking about? I already got it off, the one that holds the primary clutch on. Are you talking about the space behind the clutch where it meets with the crank?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Which nut are you talking about? I already got it off, the one that holds the primary clutch on. Are you talking about the space behind the clutch where it meets with the crank?
I read your post wrong. The primary clutch is sorta press fit on. I used a regular old puller from harbor freight to get mine off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thing has been stuck on for over 3 months now. I've tried countless things, I'm at the point where I hooked a strap to it and literally dragged the fourwheeler to the side by the clutch and it still didn't budge. I have a chinese clutch tool coming but they keep extending the arrival date because of the ferry stuck. Im about to give up man, idk what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts