Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Honda is like the best for quality, and friggin everything man. They will run forever with proper maintainence. They indestructable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I Actually found a brand new 07 Foreman 500. The price was decent compared to some used prices I've seen for really nice clean ones. Not that it was a knock out blow by any means, but they were selling them for $5000.00.

I thought about it for some time and just decided today to buy one of them they had on the floor. With the money I didn't use buying the 2009 or 2010 model I used some of that money to set the bike up the way I wanted. I know, I know it's not really a bike? But I've owned a few motorcycles during the past few years and keep using the term bike.

Used Honda Models I've seen some really ratty hard looking Honda Foreman ATV's on the used market for between $2500.00 and up. The real nice new looking 500 Foremans ran $4000.00 to $4500.00.

All of these are the 2007 Foreman 500 4X4 Models I'm talking about. I haven't done any research on other Models. Plus one thing you need to find out is the pricing isn't all the same all across the Nation. The more popular ATV's are in an area where you may live will usually bring the prices down compared to around here where prices are a little higher.

Personally I wanted something with a warranty, and something I also knew what I had several years down the road. And if you do find one like the 07 or 08's in stock that are new unsold units? You can finance them with the top tier credit through (Honda anyway) at 3.99% for up to 36 months.

Don't know if this helps or not? I tried.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks Redracer. I still can't get used to how HUGE these things are. When I had one before it was (I think the year was?) an 87 HondaTRX 250. That thing would fly, but it wasn't what I needed for the kind of riding I was doing.

But this thing I just picked up today feels like a Truck. But I do love it.:wub:

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Just wait until you start getting it dirty!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Out the door.

Hi, I just picked up a new 08 TRX500FM 4x4 for $5069 out the door. I also did the 3.99 financing. Couldn't beat the deal from what I could see. For me it was between the Rancher and Foreman. I think I will be happy with the Foreman. Less frills, but, more what I was looking for. A strong bike without a lot of extras to go wrong later on down the road.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just wait until you start getting it dirty!!!
Ha. Mud is a heck of a lot easier to wash off than old nasty Automotive grease that's been accumulating under the hood and drive train forever.

I'm actually looking forward to getting it and me muddy. It may bring me back to my childhood when we used to have a blast. The muddier we got. The more fun we had.

The only thing I don't want to do with this heavy piece is Roll it over! Everything else is fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I just picked up a new 08 TRX500FM 4x4 for $5069 out the door. I also did the 3.99 financing. Couldn't beat the deal from what I could see. For me it was between the Rancher and Foreman. I think I will be happy with the Foreman. Less frills, but, more what I was looking for. A strong bike without a lot of extras to go wrong later on down the road.
Diver. I know you'll have a blast on the new ride (I got the same thing, only a year older). Honda builds the best of just about everything they manufacture. I've either owned, repaired, rebuilt or enjoyed their Motorcycles, Cars, ATV's and Pressure-washers (Yeah, I enjoy the Pressure-washer too. It makes my work easier to deal with).

Congrats on the new toy....er I mean tool. May you work hard and safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you put your new 500 Foreman through just half of what my neighbor puts his through, the machine will run forever! His Foreman, an 08, looks like it's been to heck and back but runs on and on. Great machine!

I, on the other hand, traded a 05 Rancher in on a mint 07 Rubicon in camo finish back in August and just love it! Unlike yours, mine doesn't feel like a truck!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Went by the scrap yard today, they wanted 90 cents per lb for wheelweights. I though that was too high. What prices are you seeing today? Last year from them I paid 50 cents.
What the heck does that have to do with Honda prices????:r_c:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts