Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Honda Foreman 500 ES...Is it possible to put power steering on this bike, and if so what would be the approx cost?

cheers

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I couldn't tell you the answer to that since i'm not familier with the power sreering. but I would say it's possible with the right amount of money threw at it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have no idea if it's possible, but I have a 2010 Rancher with Powersteering and love it, I can ride all day without getting worn out, and you don't feel every little bump or hole in the road or trail.:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Just go trad it in on one with power steering, you will love it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have an 08 with PS and there is an indicator/error light on the console and I'm sure there is also special firmware for the control unit.

Is it possible to add it? Most likely. Is it easy or cost effective? Most likely not.

I agree it would probably be cheaper in the long run to fine a used one and sell yours, or trade it in on a new one.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I agree. I wouldn't even attempt to add it. A lot easier just to sell and buy one with power steering.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Is power steering really that great though? I can ride my quads all day with getting tired, not bragging or anything, just saying I don't see how they would really be that great. I talked to a suzuki guy at a dealer expo, and he said that suzuki had to make the kingquads handle worse, just to make the power steering work correctly, so people wouldn't be oversteering them and crashing.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is power steering really that great though? I can ride my quads all day with getting tired, not bragging or anything, just saying I don't see how they would really be that great.
Everyone is different.

For me, I notice a huge difference. PS is great and I will never own another machine without it. I had an 04 foreman and this 08, and the 08 with power steering is just night and day over the 04.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im with you JB my 09 rancher doesnt have power steering and I cant honestly say that I would ever get one with. I feel that the less electronic components and parts the easier maintenance. Not dogging the PS cause Im sure its super easy to steer, but on the trails and stuff I usually handle the turns pretty well. just my oppinion though!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I've got power steering on my 300 4x4.....I'm the power that's steering it....lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i can think of one senerio where ps might be nice. when i get into ruts with one wheel and the weight of the 4 wheeler wants to pull the wheel to the right or the left and it feels like the whole weight of the atv is on that one wheel and its hard to turn. if it would help in that senerio that would be cool.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Is power steering really that great though? I can ride my quads all day with getting tired, not bragging or anything, just saying I don't see how they would really be that great.
Everyone is different.

For me, I notice a huge difference. PS is great and I will never own another machine without it. I had an 04 foreman and this 08, and the 08 with power steering is just night and day over the 04.
Well, I don't really ever notice my arms getting tired and when PS first came out on ATVs, I thought I would never need or want it, but I have heard so many people that have it say that they love it and would never buy another without it, so it would seem like it would have to be helping a lot. As long as it continues to work without too many bugs, then I might have to consider it on my next ATV purchase. I've heard people say that it really helps when using a front diff lock, too.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Everyone is different.

Well, I don't really ever notice my arms getting tired and when PS first came out on ATVs, I thought I would never need or want it, but I have heard so many people that have it say that they love it and would never buy another without it, so it would seem like it would have to be helping a lot. As long as it continues to work without too many bugs, then I might have to consider it on my next ATV purchase. I've heard people say that it really helps when using a front diff lock, too.
I agree it would have to help when using a locker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts