Ok guys I have an extra head for my quad actually everything but the crank to build another engine. I took the head to the shop today and bead blasted all the funk off it it looks like a new head now. I taped up the top and bottom faces so the beading wouldn't pit them.
I will be porting the head next week sometime, after I finish my homework first, I'm carrying it to a local machine shop to have it Flow tested stock so I'll know where I'm at on factory CFM specs. Then it's off to the workbench and die-grinder dremel. I have done old V-8 heads so this one should be fairly simple. there is alot of casting defects to remove on the intake side and where the intake mates to the head I can see about 1.5 to 2 mm of the head so port matching that will be first. the exhaust side is pretty much the same way but I'm only going to drum sand the port and opening to clean it and reshape the exit to match the copper exhaust bushing. I will post up some progress pics as soon as I start.