Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I do most days I was thinking ATV!
It occurred to me that a portal mod, or at least in theory would be superb and offer even more ground clearance.
Has anybody ever attempted this? I understand it would be quite a difficult and time consuming mod, one that I will more than likely never do. Interesting to see if anybody has ever done or knows of somebody who has.
I'm asking here as you guys in the USA are so far ahead of us Brits when it comes to most things, especially off-road/ATV/UTV etc etc

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Nobody does portals on a Honda it's not worth the 3-4,000 bucks, but you can buy them for Polaris/Can-am machines. I was looking on the SuperATV website the other day, they offer 6" lift portals for the Sportsman and coupled with a 6" suspension lift it will clear 40" tires with no rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.... there is a guy on you-tube that fab'ed his portal lift , like you say a lot of work , they have kits already made , lots of money
Exactly... Lots of money!

Would be pretty awesome though I must admit. Not sure how you'd achieve such a mod on IFS though. Would be worthwhile on a 350D though I guess.
I'll check out that video on YouTube.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
.... there is a guy on you-tube that fab'ed his portal lift , like you say a lot of work , they have kits already made , lots of money

Exactly... Lots of money!

Would be pretty awesome though I must admit. Not sure how you'd achieve such a mod on IFS though. Would be worthwhile on a 350D though I guess.

I'll check out that video on YouTube.

You replace the whole knuckle with a portal assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
40" tyres!! Jeez! That's huge on an ATV!

I was just curious to be honest to see if any of you guys had made your own or knew anybody who had.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's quite a neat bit of kit on the UTV Mac. Are they hub reduction (low ratio) as well?

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.